NFL Divisional Round Weekend (Official)

Road Runner

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I have been listening to the radio sports talk shows for the last few days and it seems that most of the "experts" are picking the underdogs:  Colts, Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles.  They have convinced me of their wisdom and why this may happen, but it's still hard to believe that all the home teams will lose.  That would be monumental in playoff history.

Well, I'm no expert but I have 3 of the 4 underdogs -- with exception of Saints.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Road Runner said:

Colts/Chiefs -  It's been a nice run for the Colts (PI), but Mahomes is the real deal.  Chiefs win.

Cowboys/Rams - The Cowboys suck when they are away from Jerryland.  Rams win.

Chargers/Patriots - Patriots still have Belichick and Brady.  Patriots by a nose.

Eagles/Saints - Saints are hard to beat playing at home.  Saints  win.  

I'm 2 for 2.  

• Heart 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Road Runner said:

Colts/Chiefs -  It's been a nice run for the Colts (PI), but Mahomes is the real deal.  Chiefs win.

Cowboys/Rams - The Cowboys suck when they are away from Jerryland.  Rams win.

Chargers/Patriots - Patriots still have Belichick and Brady.  Patriots by a nose.

3 - 0.   The Patriots have a big nose.

The more I watch the Patriots win the more I strongly dislike Jerry Jones.    If he would just shut up and emulate Robert Kraft the Cowboys would still be a hard hitter and not a punch line.

I find myself becoming less a Patriots hater and more a Patriots believer.  

It does not hurt that Rex Burkhead is from Plano Texas and played for my Plano Wildcats.  It was cool to watch him score his first career playoff touchdown today.

• Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The more I watch the Patriots win the more I strongly dislike Jerry Jones.    If he would just shut up and emulate Robert Kraft the Cowboys would still be a hard hitter and not a punch line.

I find myself becoming less a Patriots hater and more a Patriots believer.  

It does not hurt that Rex Burkhead is from Plano Texas and played for my Plano Wildcats.  It was cool to watch him score his first career playoff touchdown today.

News flash. Cowboys will always miss out on the love because they are from Texas.

14 hours ago, Dottles said:

Nick Fowls story has been great though. Philly has a decision to make.

Decision has been made for a long time.  Wentz is the better, younger QB, by a good amount.  With a QB that has a stronger arm and can get out of the pocket and extend plays, Eagles beat the Saints.  

There's a chance Foles takes a home team discount to stay, he's not your typical NFL personality.  He's already said he's accomplished all he wants and doesn't need any more money, really wants to stay

Just now, Road Runner said:

He may as well.  Wentz will likely get re-injured next year at some point, so just sit for half of the year and play in the playoffs.  :)

Foles has never finished a season, either.  And he's had more than 2 to try.

Had the Eagles not had Foles, Wentz probably would have finished the season.   At the time they shut him down, they had a near zero chance to make the playoffs, They didn't want Wentz spending another off season doing PT, and they had the Super Bowl MVP next in line.

They let Ajayi keep playing with 3 broken vertebrae, but they had no other decent healthy RBs, and it was early in the season.

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Foles has never finished a season, either.  And he's had more than 2 to try.

Had the Eagles not had Foles, Wentz probably would have finished the season.   At the time they shut him down, they had a near zero chance to make the playoffs, They didn't want Wentz spending another off season doing PT, and they had the Super Bowl MVP next in line.

They let Ajayi keep playing with 3 broken vertebrae, but they had no other decent healthy RBs, and it was early in the season.

I have seen exactly 1 Eagles game this season (yesterday’s), but my mother’s boyfriend is an Eagles STH. By his report, Wentz was pulled due to poor play, with the injury a convenient excuse to cover for it. He wants Foles retained, and Wentz traded. While he may be a crazy old coot, is his opinion respesentative if a small, silent group, a loud vocal minority, or something a sizable contingency of Eagles fans want?