Sign in to follow this  
Dottie

Lunch for big boys

It's not exciting but my heart loves it -- as does my waistline.  Wait.  The last part is not true.  My waistline wants to fight me but it's going to lose.

Just now, jsharr said:

I had 1/2 of a grilled skinless boneless chicken boob and some steamed veggies.  Snacked on a quarter cup of mixed nuts just now.

Very good.

No lunch here.  Back to intermittent fasting here.  3 days a week I plan to skip breakfast and lunch.  It's good for all the numbers and it's great to teach your appetite that it isn't in control.

I cooked six skinless/boneless chicken tenders, a whole bag of frozen stir fry vegetables, and a package of stove top stuffing all mixed together in a crock pot. Cooked all day. My wife had one serving and packed a small container for tomorrow’s lunch. I ate the rest along with a large salad of romaine, grape tomatoes, black olives, a large avacato, sweet onion, and smoked salmon.

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I can skip one meal sometimes but two in a row is tough. 

Try 9.  I’ve done that several times.  The most I’ve ever skipped was 36.  I’ve done that a couple times.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I cooked six skinless/boneless chicken tenders, a whole bag of frozen stir fry vegetables, and a package of stove top stuffing all mixed together in a crock pot. Cooked all day. My wife had one serving and packed a small container for tomorrow’s lunch. I ate the rest along with a large salad of romaine, grape tomatoes, black olives, a large avacato, sweet onion, and smoked salmon.

As @donkpow would say, them;s good vittles!

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I would just be passed oot on the couch!

Yeah that's silly talk. I understand fasting for a day and perhaps rare occasion a weekend. Beyond that, you are hurting yourself. Unless, of course, you are in prison camp. Kazie, you in a POW camp or run your own business or something??

I normally just have coffee for breakfast and a snack for lunch. Yesterday it consisted of Hersey kisses and a starburst and then I had a hamburger for dinner. 

This is basically how everyday is though.. snacks for lunch typically are different candy I have laying around.

12 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I normally just have coffee for breakfast and a snack for lunch. Yesterday it consisted of Hersey kisses and a starburst and then I had a hamburger for dinner. 

This is basically how everyday is though.. snacks for lunch typically are different candy I have laying around.

Is that enough calories to maintain your weight?  I would look like a skeleton if that’s all I ate. 

27 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Is that enough calories to maintain your weight?  I would look like a skeleton if that’s all I ate. 

Highly doubtful, but I'm 5'8" and about 160lbs. 

I have alsways been a small snacker and large dinner eater.