Jan 10...workout details..or did ya take a break like the Resolutionists?

petitepedal

6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Wow...the gym was pretty quiet tonight..okay the treadmills were still pretty active..but not terribly so..and when I finished my 12 minutes..there were lots of empty machines.

Did my weight workout..shot arm still a tad sore..but not too bad.

Gym tonight, it was hoppin!  

• Heart 1

My gym I only saw one resolutioner. Just the regulars. I had the swim lanes all to myself until I was on my last lap when an old retired couple showed up. They swim for a half hour every day but don’t come the same time every day. The gym looked pretty empty but of course after I was done working my abs three people had moved into the area of the gym where I do my upper body work. It messes up my routine when I hAve to switch things around. I ran on the treadmill next and decided to just go home and ride the trainer.

• Heart 2

I crutched it down the stairs to my truck.  Drove to the 'Y'.  Crutched it to the cardio room, after crutching it up and down the ramp to sign in..  Sat on one of the recumbent bikes and free pedaled for about 15 minutes just to see if my range of motion was good.  It was.  Then to the weight room for some shoulder and bench presses on the machines (can't lift the free weight plates yet) to see if that affected my hip.  There was a little pang in the ribs but other than that no problem.  

Now I just need to make sure I don't get cocky and macho and overdo it.  :rolleyes:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

Now I just need to make sure I don't get cocky and macho and overdo it.  :rolleyes:

This. You are recovering so much faster than I did. I wasn’t even allowed to drive for three months. I can’t complain though because I healed up well.

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

bronchitis :(  on an anitbiotic

I haven't been on a bike in ages and am feeling it. Weddings, holidays, bad weather & illness have kept me sidelined for about a month.  Have a free weekend coming and am in good health but rain is forecast for the next 5 days.

Might have to get wet...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You won’t melt

Drill Sergeant Heron, is that you!?!?  "You people are not made out of sugar, I promise you, you won't melt!!!!!"  Yeah wet & miserable but we didn't melt...

Its more about bike maintenance afterward than getting wet.  I'll break out the crosser and get sloppy if it's raining.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Drill Sergeant Heron, is that you!?!?  "You people are not made out of sugar, I promise you, you won't melt!!!!!"  Yeah wet & miserable but we didn't melt...

Its more about bike maintenance afterward than getting wet.  I'll break out the crosser and get sloppy if it's raining.

Most bikes are a lot more durable than people think. I don’t know about plastic bikes though, I stay away from them.

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Most bikes are a lot more durable than people think. I don’t know about plastic bikes though, I stay away from them.

Yeah the crosser is Aluminum.  Agree but I like to keep them clean, especially the drivetrain. We get so little rain it's hardly ever an issue...

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah the crosser is Aluminum.  Agree but I like to keep them clean, especially the drivetrain. We get so little rain it's hardly ever an issue...

When it rains is when I get my bike clean. It washes all the dust off of it. The problem is if I ride it home it gets all muddy.

• Haha 1