Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
petitepedal

Jan 10...workout details..or did ya take a break like the Resolutionists?

Recommended Posts

Wow...the gym was pretty quiet tonight..okay the treadmills were still pretty active..but not terribly so..and when I finished my 12 minutes..there were lots of empty machines.

Did my weight workout..shot arm still a tad sore..but not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Wow...the gym was pretty quiet tonight..okay the treadmills were still pretty active..but not terribly so..and when I finished my 12 minutes..there were lots of empty machines.

Did my weight workout..shot arm still a tad sore..but not too bad.

Gym tonight, it was hoppin!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gym I only saw one resolutioner. Just the regulars. I had the swim lanes all to myself until I was on my last lap when an old retired couple showed up. They swim for a half hour every day but don’t come the same time every day. The gym looked pretty empty but of course after I was done working my abs three people had moved into the area of the gym where I do my upper body work. It messes up my routine when I hAve to switch things around. I ran on the treadmill next and decided to just go home and ride the trainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I crutched it down the stairs to my truck.  Drove to the 'Y'.  Crutched it to the cardio room, after crutching it up and down the ramp to sign in..  Sat on one of the recumbent bikes and free pedaled for about 15 minutes just to see if my range of motion was good.  It was.  Then to the weight room for some shoulder and bench presses on the machines (can't lift the free weight plates yet) to see if that affected my hip.  There was a little pang in the ribs but other than that no problem.  

Now I just need to make sure I don't get cocky and macho and overdo it.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

Now I just need to make sure I don't get cocky and macho and overdo it.  :rolleyes:

This. You are recovering so much faster than I did. I wasn’t even allowed to drive for three months. I can’t complain though because I healed up well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skipped the pool today.  Not sure if I'm still feeling any effects of the dizzy spell, didn't want to chance it.  So it was a bike commute day instead.  The wind in my face the whole way made it an actual workout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a break. Was feeling exhausted yesterday and let that feeling get the best of me. Then I cut myself at work and due to the blood thinners I’m on, my finger was bleeding all over the place. 

Hope that’s a good enough excuse. 

Plan to get back tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

bronchitis :(  on an anitbiotic

I haven't been on a bike in ages and am feeling it. Weddings, holidays, bad weather & illness have kept me sidelined for about a month.  Have a free weekend coming and am in good health but rain is forecast for the next 5 days.

Might have to get wet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You won’t melt

Drill Sergeant Heron, is that you!?!?  "You people are not made out of sugar, I promise you, you won't melt!!!!!"  Yeah wet & miserable but we didn't melt...

Its more about bike maintenance afterward than getting wet.  I'll break out the crosser and get sloppy if it's raining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Drill Sergeant Heron, is that you!?!?  "You people are not made out of sugar, I promise you, you won't melt!!!!!"  Yeah wet & miserable but we didn't melt...

Its more about bike maintenance afterward than getting wet.  I'll break out the crosser and get sloppy if it's raining.

Most bikes are a lot more durable than people think. I don’t know about plastic bikes though, I stay away from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Most bikes are a lot more durable than people think. I don’t know about plastic bikes though, I stay away from them.

Yeah the crosser is Aluminum.  Agree but I like to keep them clean, especially the drivetrain. We get so little rain it's hardly ever an issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah the crosser is Aluminum.  Agree but I like to keep them clean, especially the drivetrain. We get so little rain it's hardly ever an issue...

When it rains is when I get my bike clean. It washes all the dust off of it. The problem is if I ride it home it gets all muddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×