Weekend plans for this fine 2nd weekend in 2019 ?

petitepedal

I believe I might re-do a toilet :whistle: 

Laundry, First and Second Church on Sunday...I might try to wear my weighted vest on the new Elliptical in our exercise room at my condo...or do a session on the bike in my den...I need to start riding again :whistle:

Oops...I gotta review my bored notes Monday is the bored meeting...where we will discuss the fact that our maintenance guy quit ...lousy communication with management and they paid him late..said they would not "hire" him needed to work an an independent contractor :wacko:...he found something better...

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

I’m going to do some shopping. I have all week I could do it but my wife enjoys going with me. It’s the most exercise she gets during the week. Sometimes she has to find a bench to rest or she will wait in the car while I run in a store for something. She told me the other day she wants me to reassemble our universal home gym so she can start using it. It’ snot completely torn down but I’m not sure how it goes back together. My one son disassembled it to make room for the blow up bed for his daughters to sleep in when they visit.

I need to get more birdseed. I’ve used 100# already this winter. Actually I’ve used more than that, the bin I keep it in was half full when I added the 100#.

I should maybe do some menu planning. I have been winging it since I retired and that was ok but I have too much food waste from either cooking too much and not using up the leftovers, or not using food I bought before the expiration date. The cats benefit from outdated food. Most is probably safe to eat but I’m not taking chances. I just need to do better planning.

• Heart 1

The local forecast is for 6-9" of snow starting around noon on Friday. So I'll probably just stay home and read or watch TV. Probably get the snow blower out so that I'm the second person to have their driveway clean. (The first will be the guy who owns snow removal trucks. He'll be making some money this weekend).

Shopping today after work. Stock up on essentials as they're calling for snow Saturday afternoon into Sunday. Essentials besides beer, is milk, chuck roast or two, onions, carrots, celery, taters, and stuff on my wife's list. Saturday morning I'll put the meat and veggies in a slow cooker with some beef broth and wine. Cook all day while I'm working at the LBS. I switched the taars on my gravel bike back to the original 29x1.9's for trail riding Sunday morning. I think it will be nice to pedal through the snowy woods. Sunday will be making chili and drinking bourbon-barrel aged stouts. Sunday night we are meeting my cousin Mike and his SO, Arla, for dinner nearby. They are driving from MA to FL and overnight at a hotel near us. They will be in FL for a month or two. 

Friends that used to live here bought a house a couple of hours away, they came back in town to get some things in storage.  I am going back with them for a couple of days to the middle of nowhere to chill the heck out.   They live on a few acres, with a pond on their property and a stream close by and with proximity to hikes and wildlife and such.  They also have a dog that needs walking and roughhousing, so I am looking forward to getting out of my head a bit.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Nothing tonight, unless we decide to hit the concert.  I should probably go do the caulk on my daughter's house before the snow, help a friend with her house, MAYBE get to do a little work on my own kitchen.  Sunday church then work around the house til it's time to grab the banjo and head to the cousin's to watch the Iggles destroy NO.  And sometime during the weekend I hope to find time to teach the new robot vacuum it's way around the house.