Surprising - I dont always hate country music

Ralphie

Randy Houser just sang No Stone Unturned, No Turn Unstoned on GMA and I didn;t hate it. :runcirclsmiley::D

Maybe it is because I live in SOUTH Jersey and there is an honest to goodness rodeo place just a few miles away.  Never been to one yet, though, so when I do it will be my first rodeo. :D

Coulda just been the pun talking though.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Sisters, Or has a good rodeo.We have gone several times. Snot my 1st rodeo. Chivas is a big sponsor. We have a good time. Except that one year where the rodeo queen went down (reported) as they enter and race around the arena. They took her out on a backboard. It kind of jinxed the rodeo that night as they had several problems later on

Just now, Razors Edge said:

There is good music in all genres.  I won't buy a country CD or go to a country concert, but there are dozens and dozens of country songs I do like. Some quite a lot.

I remember a few years ago I listened to a few by Cheese's band, Lady Antebellum that were good.  And I LOVE the "alt-country" types like WIlco, or Drive By Truckers, Jason Isbell, etc.

• Heart 1

I, and many others, began to like country music after being introduced to it through folk music. Then, in the late 60's-early '70's, "LA Sound" country-rock artists like Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Gram Parsons/Emmy Lou Harris and James Taylor pushed more country music to the forefront.  Then, the music powers that were first decided we needed Disco and then Heavy Metal and then Rap and drove a lot of people into the rock-beat that country was evolving into.

• Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I, and many others, began to like country music after being introduced to it through folk music. Then, in the late 60's-early '70's, "LA Sound" country-rock artists like Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Gram Parsons/Emmy Lou Harris and James Taylor pushed more country music to the forefront.  Then, the music powers that were first decided we needed Disco and then Heavy Metal and then Rap and drove a lot of people into the rock-beat that country was evolving into.

You win the Rick Henderson award for this thread!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Randy Houser just sang No Stone Unturned, No Turn Unstoned on GMA and I didn;t hate it. :runcirclsmiley::D

Maybe it is because I live in SOUTH Jersey and there is an honest to goodness rodeo place just a few miles away.  Never been to one yet, though, so when I do it will be my first rodeo. :D

Coulda just been the pun talking though.

Not just  rodeo, the oldest continuous rodeo in the world!  Went for the first time last summer.  Didn't really understand all events, but had a good time.  Really interesting crowd.  I'd go back just for the Daisy Dukes and Cowboy Boots all over the place!

• Awesome 1