Mmm, cornbread is good toasted

Ralphie

Just now, Further said:

Check my edit

I was a big disappointment to Effing Ray, mainly because I do more eschewing than chewing of meat. :D

But I did buy his old bike and love it. :)

And on the cornbread, now I might get in trouble if I roon her cast iron pan.  It is a Griswold from Erie, PA that replaced her beloved previous one that somehow got a crack and a leak. :( The new Griswold almost seems like it might really be steel, since as I wash it it looks more like steel than cast iron.  But this cornbread in one looks absolutely delicious, don;t it?! :)

recipe_side_cornbread_post.jpg

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was a big disappointment to Effing Ray, mainly because I do more eschewing than chewing of meat. :D

But I did buy his old bike and love it. :)

And on the cornbread, now I might get in trouble if I roon her cast iron pan.  It is a Griswold from Erie, PA that replaced her beloved previous one that somehow got a crack and a leak. :( The new Griswold almost seems like it might really be steal, since as I wash it it looks more like steel than cast iron.  But this cornbread in one looks absolutely delicious, don;t it?! :)

recipe_side_cornbread_post.jpg

It takes a lot to ruin a hunk of cast iron. No hammers....

10 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is so crazy it just miight work!  Can a grill stand in for an oven? brb - I have to ask Uncle Google! 

I do it all the time. While I have a Weber gas grill, should work with any covered grill, ideally with a thermostat on the lid. When the lid is closed and reads 350, it is an oven @350 or whatever it reads. The key is not to put on direct heat, so place on side where burner is not turned on. If really retro using charcoal, build your coals to one side of the grill.

While this isn't searchable for cornbread, in the desert section you can see several cakes, brownies, and cinnamon rolls made on a grill. https://www.weber.com/US/en/recipes/desserts/weber-31837.html 

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

I do it all the time. While I have a Weber gas grill, should work with any covered grill, ideally with a thermostat on the lid.

That reminds me - I need to order a replacement temperature indicator - one of many small things I have forgotten to do.  Thanks for the reminder!