My lazy start to Saturday...What do you have?

petitepedal

Early to bed...early to rise!  Headed to bed tired last night after my my restless night Thursday...a little after 9pm

Up and at it a little after 6... went through a pile of paper crap that seems to accumulate on my kitchen counter...while my water was heating for tea...I also tossed a few old teas that had just tiny bits left or they were flavors I just wasn't gonna finish...I may need an emergency trip to Tea Source :cheerleader:

Watched "Wisconsin Foodie"...he was (yeah somewhere in Wisconsin) at the Norsk Inn or some place like that..where pie is a big deal...I believe he helped make a raisin cream (it was already in the pie pan when I tuned in) with a HUGE Meringue on top..like a foot high.

Now it is Martin Yan and Asian food and travel...and I am set to make some breakfast.

According to a text last night...I am going to the gym :dontknow: at 10am..... my Cheesehead friend is visiting for the weekend.

• Heart 1

I've been feeling really lousy the last few days.  Working out and doing projects has not made me feel any better, so I think I am going to do as little as possible today, really veg out like I used to do and see how I feel tomorrow.  It will be hard to do, but it's worth a try.   :)

Getting out of the parking lot at the hockey game took a freaking  long time so I didn't get to bed until midnight.  Then thunder woke me up around 3 am, Jack woke my up at 5:30 for Bfast.  I fed him, went back to bed and got up at 8:30.  Drinking my first cup of joe and sorting out my day.

5 minutes ago, Myself said:

Was so looking forward to the weekend.  Ended up coming in for a crisis.

Don't you wonder how they would go on without you solving the crisis?  I know this is hard to take but 'they would go on' without you solving the crisis.  And if you really are all that omnipotent, then their business model sucks not having multiple folks with the abilities to step up and solve the crisis.  In fact, if they are so dependent on you to 'solve the crisis' then they deserve to fail.  Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Don't you wonder how they would go on without you solving the crisis?  I know this is hard to take but 'they would go on' without you solving the crisis.  And if you really are all that omnipotent, then their business model sucks not having multiple folks with the abilities to step up and solve the crisis.  In fact, if they are so dependent on you to 'solve the crisis' then they deserve to fail.  Just sayin'.

I'm amazingly useless.  I only worked on the administrative part of trying to keep the hospital notified of what's going on and reducing the workflow here.

It's a gesture that staff will never forget.  If you come in, you showed support.  If you stayed home, you didn't care.

I, and everyone here, is replaceable.  I know my place.  Plus, it's my place, so I need to be here.  We're huge, one of the biggest and best in the world.  We don't take these issues lightly.

17 minutes ago, Myself said:

I'm amazingly useless.  I only worked on the administrative part of trying to keep the hospital notified of what's going on and reducing the workflow here.

It's a gesture that staff will never forget.  If you come in, you showed support.  If you stayed home, you didn't care.

I, and everyone here, is replaceable.  I know my place.  Plus, it's my place, so I need to be here.  We're huge, one of the biggest and best in the world.  We don't take these issues lightly.

It's just a reminder to take care of yourself and put yourself first sometimes. I'm pretty sure every company I've worked for was the center of the universe and the earth was going to burn up if we didn't deliver on time or we didn't go the extra mile. Take pride and responsibility in what you do -- just don't be a sucker.  My latest company actually said, "You can make 2 or 3 times as much as you are making with us if you go somewhere else, but we're a WORLD CLASS organization and what matters to me when I wake up in the morning is that I get to work for a WORLD CLASS organization."  OMG.  Barf bag please.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's just a reminder to take care of yourself and put yourself first sometimes. I'm pretty sure every company I've worked for was the center of the universe and the earth was going to burn up if we didn't deliver on time or we didn't go the extra mile. Take pride and responsibility in what you do -- just don't be a sucker.  My latest company actually said, "You can make 2 or 3 times as much as you are making with us, but we're a WORLD CLASS organization and what matters to me when I wake up in the morning is that I get to work for a WORLD CLASS organization."  OMG.  Barf bag please.

We're not a company, we're a hospital.  I get it, we make millions or billions too.  Actually, most of that goes to the pharmaceuticals.

If Pfizer doesn't do their job in a timely fashion, stockholders get grumpy.

If we don't do our job well, you, or your loved one dies. 

We're not a community hospital, we're a Harvard Medical School Academic Medical Center.  That comes with tremendous responsibility - a responsibility I accept.

• Awesome 1