Who got hit with snew?

petitepedal

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

This is just not cool..we should have snow from the end of November to the end of February :(

20190112_082804.jpg

Right now it will be 6 degrees C and no snow now.  We had 5 cycles of snow, melt to nothing, then snow again since late Sept.  Usually Jan. is very cold and lots of snow on ground.  We have had no precipitation since the new year which is not good. Do not want a dusty brown spring.

Do I believe in climate change?  Yes.  One needs to live near disappearing glaciers, glacier with soot from last year's 130+ different British Columbian wildfires..  and also live near a river that is fed from mountain snowfalls 100 km. west. They got a big dump snow for skiers and snowboarders which I'm glad for tourist economy and for normal weather.

Just now, BuffJim said:

Impressed by the number of car wrecks I’ve seen on Twitter today from the St Louis metro. See how Missouri’s team does in their playoff game today. 

People are stupid to drive in this stuff. I-44 was shut down overnight and people had to sleep in their cars and trucks. They would have been smarter to just stay at work or get a room somewhere.

I hope KC wins. I hope Missouri's former team, the Rams, embarrass themselves.

• Heart 1

It was supposed to start around 4-5 pm Sat. but began around 7-8 pm.  Now, a 9:45 pm there's less than 1" on the ground.  They said it was going to be dry snow we could sweep with a broom but it looks a little wetter.

They were calling for 3-4" but the quick weather report halftime during the Cowboys at Rams game said 5-7".  My dear late mother used to say that if you listen to the TV weather you'll never go outside.  They're still calling for it to end by 6 pm Sun. so I'm guessing around 4" in.

Mon & Tues are supposed to have highs in the high-30's and low-40's, so I hope all the black ice, etc. is gone by my Tues. shopping day.

South of @MickinMD and north of @Road Runner the snow started mid afternoon. After the store closed at 6 and we put our beers away, there was less than an inch on the cars and roads were wet but it was still snowing. This morning, we have about 3.5-4 inches with more to come all day. Expected totals are between 6 and 8 inches, maybe ten. I'm meeting Mike on the Cross County trail at 9, see what it's like to ride in this stuff. Making chili later today; a mild for Wo7 and the good bowl of red for me and son.

• Heart 2

:desk: 2-3 inches overnight, still coming down in a very light and fine snow.  Looks like today;s miles are going to be veeery slow and short ones with a snow shovel! I could use the sneaubleauer but that is noisy and makes me stink like gasoline.  WIth the shovel I get quiet as long as no one else is sneaubleauing and some much needed exercise.  Plus, I maintain my contrarian and Luddite credentials. :D

Haircut deferred.  Looks like my hairs are gojng to get a tad longer until next weekend or my next day off, Thursday.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

We got more last night. My wife is saying we should take the pilot to church. Now I have to go out in the cold and take guy stuff out of the back so I can put up the third row of seats and switch the car seats over. At least I’ll get to save 60 cents a gallon on gas. 

I think Toyota makes an AWD van.

• Awesome 1

56 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think Toyota makes an AWD van.

My wife thought this was four wheel drive. I told her before she signed the papers the FWD stood for front wheel drive, not four wheel drive. She bought it anyway. Probably a lot of blondes wondering why they keep getting stuck?

• Haha 2