Things happen in bunches, stars aligning

shootingstar

My life is humdrum.  However usually good things happen at the same time/close to one another or bad things happen together.  Or 1 good thing happens simultaneously with 1 bad thing.  It's like stars aligning myseriously at times.

1. For instance, I don't hear from good friends outside of my province for many months.  We're not into tons of email, Facebook nor Twitter.  It's extremely rare for me, to have 2 different friends from different walks of life, visit me from other provinces within 3 days of each other, this past wk.  1 came from Vancouver.  Another from Toronto.  Just all coincidental. Stars aligning.
  2. I managed to get 1 vacation day off this month...initially denied and now given because major project deadline delayed. I want to celebrate my 60th birthday (but I wasn't going to tell anyone my milestone age at work.).  Then at same time, a work colleague got APPROVED for her vacation during very busy software testing wk., with 40 different clients that she and I were assigned to steer.  ?   I was so angry.  Such hypocrisy. I avoided speaking to her and our manager  for 4 hrs.  Dearie thinks maybe she doesn't want to deal with chaos /less control from clients whereas I have a high tolerance/I get energized actually.  
  3.  Teenagehood friend told me of her 91 yr. old father's recent death.  Her father distantly knew my father when we were teens. They were 1 yr. apart in age but lived in different cities. My father died 5 years ago.  Her father died around same time of year within 4 wks. of when my father died.

And many more life examples. Makes me wonder what else is in store. ?

• Heart 1

I had a weird run last year. I was happy with my job albeit the nosey neighbor was driving me nuts.  I get a call from a former client about a job which ended where I went but I had a former boss call me about a job and a company I subcontracted with offered me a job. 

All of these opportunities hit at the same time!?!?

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I had a weird run last year. I was happy with my job albeit the nosey neighbor was driving me nuts.  I get a call from a former client about a job which ended where I went but I had a former boss call me about a job and a company I subcontracted with offered me a job. 

All of these opportunities hit at the same time!?!?

I've never quite had the golden alignment like yours -- multiple job offers.

More similar like this:  3 wks. after my father died, another cyclist crashed into me and ended up with a concussion which took me 5 months to recover fully...including to learn to walk all over again without getting dizzy. Cycling only 5 months after that.  I was on disability leave.  2 major life events occurring close to one another.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I've never quite had the golden alignment like yours -- multiple job offers.

More similar like this:  3 wks. after my father died, another cyclist crashed into me and ended up with a concussion which took me 5 months to recover fully...including to learn to walk all over again without getting dizzy. Cycling only 5 months after that.  I was on disability leave.  2 major life events occurring close to one another.

Oh yeah the concussions.... OK here's one more aligned with you...

50 years without a concussion.  I took a beer bottle off my head, got punched numerous times in the face/head, fell off a rappel tower,  crashed my bike etc. Nothin...

About 3 years ago I take a nasty fall playing softball and give myself a bad concussion. Not as bad as yours but I missed a week of work and was wonky for a few weeks after.  A few months later I'm taking a wok out from a high cabinet and another pan I didn't realize was in the wok slides out and cracks me in the head for concussion  #2. A few weeks after that I'm putting some items away in the garage.  I have a wooden chair hanging on a hook near where I need to put the items so I swing the chair about 3".  It comes off the hook and cracks me in the head so hard it nearly knocks me out. Concussion #3.  And then... A few months later I get rear ended by a car going an estimated 50 MPH.  I hit my head so hard on the back of the seat rest I gave myself concussion #4.  

In less than 6 months I gave myself 4 concussions and haven't had one since.

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Oh yeah the concussions.... OK here's one more aligned with you...

50 years without a concussion.  I took a beer bottle off my head, got punched numerous times in the face/head, fell off a rappel tower,  crashed my bike etc. Nothin...

About 3 years ago I take a nasty fall playing softball and give myself a bad concussion. Not as bad as yours but I missed a week of work and was wonky for a few weeks after.  A few months later I'm taking a wok out from a high cabinet and another pan I didn't realize was in the wok slides out and cracks me in the head for concussion  #2. A few weeks after that I'm putting some items away in the garage.  I have a wooden chair hanging on a hook near where I need to put the items so I swing the chair about 3".  It comes off the hook and cracks me in the head so hard it nearly knocks me out. Concussion #3.  And then... A few months later I get rear ended by a car going an estimated 50 MPH.  I hit my head so hard on the back of the seat rest I gave myself concussion #4.  

In less than 6 months I gave myself 4 concussions and haven't had one since.

Chris, multiple concussions doesn't make a person's head/brain stronger.  It's actually  multiple, cumulative damage...any doctor who knows about concussions and treats head/brain injuries, will tell you that.

Keep clear of head bangs.

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Chris, multiple concussions doesn't make a person's head/brain stronger.  It's actually  multiple, cumulative damage...any doctor who knows about concussions and treats head/brain injuries, will tell you that.

Keep clear of head bangs.

Yeah for brevity I left out I got checked out after concussion #1,  #3 & #4 and was told the same by the Drs.