NFL Conference Championship Round (now Official thread)

Kzoo

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

Would love to see Andy Reid get a ring.  He deserves it

I must say I would be happy to see him get his first ring.... but I'd be happier to see Brady get his sixth. :D

A question occurred to me - have the Rams abandoned the navy/gold uniforms they used in St Louis?  I feel like all I see lately is the old school royal blue/yellow - though I admit I didn't see many (any?) of their games this year.

Well you know I'm a Ram fan but I'm not sure I'd put my money on them.

Reading an interesting article that the Rams are 0-8 on games refereed by Bill Vinovich (head ref for Sundays Saints Rams game).  The opposing team has never had more penalties/penalty yards than the Rams in games he officiated, is the only referee to eject a Rams player and he did it twice, and has had numerous questionable and overturned calls.  Looks like the Rams are screwed...

I'm guessing Brady & Bellicheck got another trick up their sleeve and will pull off another win.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well you know I'm a Ram fan but I'm not sure I'd put my money on them.

Reading an interesting article that the Rams are 0-8 on games refereed by Bill Vinovich (head ref for Sundays Saints Rams game).  The opposing team has never had more penalties/penalty yards than the Rams in games he officiated, is the only referee to eject a Rams player and he did it twice, and has had numerous questionable and overturned calls.  Looks like the Rams are screwed...

I'm guessing Brady & Bellicheck got another trick up their sleeve and will pull off another win.

They Pats get the official who blew open deflate gate! They're screwed too.

I'm going about this scientifically.

The Pope has had a very bad year. Rams not so much. So I'm picking the Rams over the Saints.

This was not a good year to be a patriot (unless you're French), while Indian chiefs are always cool. So I'm picking the Chiefs over the Patriots.

• Heart 2

The Rams - Saints game is a tossup.  The Saints are at home but my gut says the Rams.

The Chiefs are a better team than the Patriots.  But Belichick is the better coach.  Playing at home, I'm picking the Chiefs.  But Belichick and Brady are two of the fiercest competitors I've ever seen.  They won't go down easily and, with just a little luck, they might even pull out another trip to the big one in Atlanta.  

Rams and Chiefs in the SB.  

I'm surprised the Saints aren't up by more.... 5 Rams penalties to no Saints penalties, two missed face mask calls by the Saints, and a missed PI call for the Saints. 

The Rams are fighting a great team in a hostile stadium with an officiating crew that historically screws the Rams. And they are down by 3...

Just now, Road Runner said:

The Saints would have won in regulation if the refs weren't idiots.

I'll take the win but I'll agree the officiating was horrible.  Jo Jo Natson has his helmet ripped off his head by the face mask on a kick return but that's OK. Bogus block in the back on the same play, yep that's a penalty...  Lots if no calls all around.

Horrible officiating.