NFL Conference Championship Round (now Official thread)

Kzoo

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Rams coach McVeigh gets outcoached in two weeks.  SquareWheels is gonna be happy.

When was the last time a location won all four championships?  The Red Sox won, the Pats will win (Tom needs to break that record too), the Celtics aren't out yet, the Bruins aren't great, but they keep on fighting.

1 minute ago, Couch_Incident said:

I'll probably still watch the Super Bowl.  My friend who invited me last  year, always buys really good pizza.  

But, I won't enjoy it.  Not one bit.

Couch

It's just a great excuse to get out and mingle and stuff your pizza hole with pizza.  No reason to watch the game.  I'm pulling for the Lambs but in my view, it's another Pats Stupor Bowl.

21 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When was the last time a location won all four championships?  The Red Sox won, the Pats will win (Tom needs to break that record too), the Celtics aren't out yet, the Bruins aren't great, but they keep on fighting.

19 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

First game was bogus.  Second game was great.  I had picked the Chiefs, but Brady and Gronk and Edelman were magnificent.  

Hopefully, the Patriots will beat the bogus win Rams in two weeks.  

24 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's just a great excuse to get out and mingle and stuff your pizza hole with pizza.  No reason to watch the game.  I'm pulling for the Lambs but in my view, it's another Pats Stupor Bowl.

Well I guess the Rams shouldn't even bother to show up, looks like the Pats already won...  It will be a tough match up but I'm pulling for my Rams.

I just heard that the league office contacted Sean Payton and admitted that the refs were wrong about the pass interference near the end of regulation.  Not sure how that helps the situation for the Saints, but maybe they will see the light and change the rules to allow pass interference calls, or lack thereof, to be challenged next year.    

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It will be a tough match up but I'm pulling for my Rams

I'm not anti-Ram.  I picked them to win earlier in this thread.  I feel sorry that their "win" is tainted because of such a bad performance by the refs.  I know it's not their fault, but many people, including myself, might feel the Saints got robbed and that the Rams may not deserve to go to the SB.  It will be interesting to see how this story plays out in the media in the weeks to come.    

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

They don’t have a BB team but if they did.  1979 The City of Champions, Pittsburgh!

What a good thing I don't bet on football!

I got the Colts and Eagles right in the Wildcard Round.

I got the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints in the Divisional Round

I got nothing in the Conference Round.

That's 4 out of 10.

I think the Patriots will win the Super Bowl, but will be rooting for the Rams.

• Heart 1

If the officials don't blow two calls, failing to throw flags on pass interference and helmet-to-helmet hit penalty on the Rams for Ted Ginn during a pass from Drew Brees and if they didn't call roughing the passer on the Chiefs where replays showed they didn't even touch Tom Brady, the Saints and Chiefs would be in the Super Bowl!

The Fox studio crew, especially former Maryland quarterback Boomer Esiason and former Steelers Coach Bill Cowher, were extremely angry with the officiating in general in the Saints-Rams game.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

What a good thing I don't bet on football!

I got the Colts and Eagles right in the Wildcard Round.

I got the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints in the Divisional Round

I got nothing in the Conference Round.

That's 4 out of 10.

I think the Patriots will win the Super Bowl, but will be rooting for the Rams.

I was 2-2 in wildcard

I was 1-3 in division

I was 2-9 in confernece

A whopping 5-10 or 50%.  That's what the NFL is these days.

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

If the officials don't blow two calls, failing to throw flags on pass interference and helmet-to-helmet hit penalty on the Rams for Ted Ginn during a pass from Drew Brees and if they didn't call roughing the passer on the Chiefs where replays showed they didn't even touch Tom Brady, the Saints and Chiefs would be in the Super Bowl!

The Fox studio crew, especially former Maryland quarterback Boomer Esiason and former Steelers Coach Bill Cowher, were extremely angry with the officiating in general in the Saints-Rams game.

I was complaining about the missed calls earlier in the game and they are posted above.  Agree it was a poorly officiated game all around.

Funny thing is Rams fans were petitioning the NFL to have that crew removed.  The Rams were 0-8 going into a game with  Vinovich as head official, there is a huge disparity  of penalties called against the Rams vs their opponent with that crew and they were the only crew to eject a Rams player in many years and that crew did it twice.  And then they get a no call that sends them to the Super Bowl.

The missed call was so egregious that it gives the NFL a very large black eye.  The media is going to talk about this for the next two weeks. 

I think it damages the game.  It would be like if someone hit a home run to win a championship game in baseball and then the ump erroneously calls it a foul ball.  Then, as a result, the other team wins the game.  The fans would riot.