May 16 miles and stuff

Road Runner

25.1 miles at 16.4mph but it felt like i was dying. My average HR was 163!

that's about 30bpm more than normal, and I was about 1.5-2mph slower than normal.

I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax.  As I am sure you are fully aware, getting your aerobic capacity and strength back will take some time.  Maybe you should try to set some modest weekly and monthly goals for yourself and see if you can meet them, rather than dwelling on your perceived current poor performance levels versus pre-accident levels.

You're back on the bike and probably vastly exceeding what most other people could do given your situation.  You should be proud of that and try to enjoy your ride back to being in shape and in full health.   :)

• Heart 2

Relax. As I am sure you are fully aware, getting your aerobic capacity and strength back will take some time. Maybe you should try to set some modest weekly and monthly goals for yourself and see if you can meet them, rather than dwelling on your perceived current poor performance levels versus pre-accident levels.

You're back on the bike and probably vastly exceeding what most other people could do given your situation. You should be proud of that and try to enjoy your ride back to being in shape and in full health. :)

I'm not really that upset.

I hate being this slow, but after meeting the EMT that helped me, I know I'm lucky to be alive.

Meeting the EMT was crazy. He introduced himself at the grocery store, and it blew my mind.

I'm not really that upset.

I hate being this slow, but after meeting the EMT that helped me, I know I'm lucky to be alive.

Meeting the EMT was crazy. He introduced himself at the grocery store, and it blew my mind.

That's cool! 

I know that it sucks to not have fitness that you once had, but here's the thing.  How many people in the population do you think can go out and do 25 miles at a 16.4 av speed (even though you only climbed about the same distance as a tall bridge).  And then ask yourself what percentage of that small amount of people could go out and do it within months after being discharged from a major surgery like what you had. 

Regardless how you feel about it, I am damn impressed with what you have been able to do.  (especially the part about hanging with that hottie at the BBQ and posting pics of her in a bikini!) 

• Heart 1