Do you read?

donkpow

10-4. 10-10 and on the side.

I remember the 10 codes from the CB craze in the 70's when a bunch of us friends, 20-30 cars worth, would park in the same viewing-tower's small parking lot on a high spot and mostly talk to each other on the radio instead of simply rolling down the car windows!  Someone dubbed me the "Mad Professor" and that stuck as my handle.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

10-4. 10-10 and on the side.

I remember the 10 codes from the CB craze in the 70's when a bunch of us friends, 20-30 cars worth, would park in the same viewing-tower's small parking lot on a high spot and mostly talk to each other on the radio instead of simply rolling down the car windows!  Someone dubbed me the "Mad Professor" and that stuck as my handle.

Your handle... I forgot about that whole CB thing. My brother was big into CB radios in the 70's too. Forgot his handle.

Ive had numerous handles, my favorite was War 27 1 Alpha or just 1 Alpha. I was 33- 269 as a cop and I'm currently Charlie 1 but we don't use our radios much...

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Your handle... I forgot about that whole CB thing. My brother was big into CB radios in the 70's too. Forgot his handle.

Ive had numerous handles, my favorite was War 27 1 Alpha or just 1 Alpha. I was 33- 269 as a cop and I'm currently Charlie 1 but we don't use our radios much...

Nomad

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

1 alpha is respectable.

One of my Xmas presents was the Economist. It doesn't seem as good as it used to be, but if you want to put that down to me being an old grouch, there's a chance you're correct.

It's a weekly like Time but on steroids. I never get though one issue before the next one shows up. I don't read anywhere near the amount I used to. But it's definitely one of those rags that will teach you a lot about America you didn't know. That's where I learned about gerrymandering, and why the Brits don't have it. Where I learned about how pissed the Brits were about Grenada, and why. It's a great rag. But I don't think I will renew when this lapses. It's quite expensive, and I'm only reading about half of it.

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Can we get a weather report?

Look out your damn window!

The weather report comes in handy when you have to shuffle off to buffalo and you’re asking the trucks that just came from there. They sometimes have a crapton more snow than they do 50 miles out from there.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The weather report comes in handy when you have to shuffle off to buffalo and you’re asking the trucks that just came from there. They sometimes have a crapton more snow than they do 50 miles out from there.

Yeah!  EVERYONE in Northeast, PA owns a snowmobile!  Just like they do in Alaska. :D

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Coming from the Mass direction one can always expect the Syracuse snow belt to leave a coat on the thruway.