May 17 miles and other activities

Road Runner

I'm sure everyone will be riding today!  Even Ralph!  Good weather for most of the country...   :nod head:  :nod head:  :nod head:

I like riding on the weekends since most of my riding is on city streets.  Less traffic, no rush hour crap and no school buses.   :)

Post 'em if you got 'em.  bike.gif

I am soooooo out of shape...I live at the bottom of a hill...so I did my first ride of the season...just a short 5 miles a few blocks basically...I am gonna try to get a walk in yet this evening...and wash my kitchen floor and do laundry.  I think the allergies are getting a bit worse...gee this s only like are 4th day since last fall above 60 degrees....I am going to try for some rail trail stuff tomorrow..long slow and flat!

• Heart 2

19.6 on the Stumpy.  2201 of elevation gain.  2 QOMs and 3 PRs today.  Lone ranger day, mostly.  

Ran into some young college guys and  rode with them for a while.   They let me get first tracks out front.  One of them could almost keep up with me.  I dropped most of them.   :nod head:

• Heart 3

101.8 @ 15.8 ave.   warm ride, 67 when I started, 96 when I finished.  It was a training ride for a friend for the Grand Tour lowland double next month.  He rode 67, but we did have some climbing, an my pace was a bit faster than his comfortable pace.

• Heart 4

I took part in a five-kilometre run/walk competition today. The event began at the lake and ended at the top of a mountain, with 500 metres of elevation gain. I also walked to and from the event. I use a pedometer and I logged more than 22,000 steps today.

• Heart 2

56 miles 3:33, 1,356 feet climbed.  Rode a new route around Cincinnati.  Four counties, Butler, Warren, Clermont and Hamilton.  I rode up Spooky Hollow Rd in Indian Hills, it's a nice climb gaining 300 feet in about two miles.  Later on an old friend posted a pic of his ride on Skyline Drive in VA, 64 miles with 6,500 feet of climbing.  I wish we had rides like that around here.

• Heart 3