Managing Vending Machines

JerrySTL

I was down, but came out even in a tussle with the one at work yesterday.  Put in a dollar coin and it went right through, then tried it again and it got stuck.  Coin release - no dice! 

I am currently a few bucks ahead on this machine so I was aboot ready to chalk up a loss, but then I chased it with a quarter, and viola, that flushed it oot!  Of course that was it, so no Goldenberg's for me!

This is the one that often displays "Motor homing error" so is OOS, but just the right Fonzie touch will clear it. :)  I love doing that.  Amazes me they are willing to loose so much revenue due to a poorly homed motor!  If not for me, it might display that for weeks on end. :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I did a vending route for three years. It was actually hard work. I think the hardest part was going in and out of that damned truck. It was an aluminum bodied box truck/van from the early 70's. The first step was just higher than my knee; the second step was a smidge shorter. Wore me out climbing in and out of that thing. I slept so hard I have no idea what I dreamt for three years. 

And it was great trying to stay warm in that thing in the winter but keep the chocolate from melting in the summer! (Tossed em in the freezer the night before and used coolers to keep them from melting)

All for $8.50/hour. 

• Heart 3

Just now, smudge said:

I did a vending route for three years. It was actually hard work. I think the hardest part was going in and out of that damned truck. It was an aluminum bodied box truck/van from the early 70's. The first step was just higher than my knee; the second step was a smidge shorter. Wore me out climbing in and out of that thing. I slept so hard I have no idea what I dreamt for three years. 

And it was great trying to stay warm in that thing in the winter but keep the chocolate from melting in the summer! (Tossed em in the freezer the night before and used coolers to keep them from melting)

All for $8.50/hour. 

I guess that was before you became a nurse?