The moon is super

Prophet Zacharia

In Central Maryland the eclipse begins at about 10:30 pm and is in total eclipse at around 11:41 pm and for the next hour.

I just took a short trip outside.  We have around a 9F temperature and very high winds with a wind chill index of 14 below zero.

So I'll go out for a short peak around midnight, but that's it.

All afternoon I watched the temperature drop and listened to the winds kick up.  

We have a skylight in our kitchen and I joked that maybe we could just watch it through that.

As it turned out, that was almost perfect.  (It would have been closer to perfect if I'd cleaned the window first)

Around totality it was 16 degrees with a WC of -1.  The kids and I stepped outside a couple times but we were lucky to be able to do most of our watching from inside.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I went to bed at 9:30 and missed the whole thing. And while I thought I’d be sorry, I’m not sorry.

I feel like it's a cool thing to experience, but I knew this morning's online photos would be better visuals than anything I saw with my own eyes (which of course they were).  And I'd be a lot perkier today if I hadn't stayed up till midnight.  Our kids were still in bed at 9:30.