Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Ralphie

25 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m not sure why I need to do it this way?

Because the normal pressing for a cursor won't let you scroll back or forward through a limited length text window like the thread title. I just confirmed that space bar feature was added after eye phone 5's latest is, 10 I think.

56 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Because the normal pressing for a cursor won't let you scroll back or forward through a limited length text window like the thread title. I just confirmed that space bar feature was added after eye phone 5's latest is, 10 I think.

I still don’t get it, what’s wrong with just touching the screen where you want the cursor?

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I still don’t get it, what’s wrong with just touching the screen where you want the cursor?

Because you can;t scroll to the end of a long text string in the thread title box.  Try to start a thread with a long title and then try to go back and edit both the beginning and the end.  I can;t do it without Wilbur's trick, which I had googled unsuccessfully before, BTW.  Definitely a first world problem, but if you saw mangled titles from me before, it was because I couldn;t edit them with the eyephone and didn't make it to a computer before the magic editing hour ended.  That is the only place I can remember that I have needed to do that, since most text boxes are big enough to hold all the text visibly.  I love finding solutions to little niggling problems like this while I procrastinate on the bigger uglier intractable problems!

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Kool.  This is something that has been a text editing issue for me for a long time.  Why couldn't Apple get it right.

Well I guess they did and I just didn't keep up.

It sure took them long enough to emulate the darn essential arrow, home, and end keys!

On a similar subject, I often use control-z or control-y, and it drives me crazy how you have to use the )(*&^% "Apple" key on the MacBook and it is snot in the same place as the control key on a regular keyboard.  And Furthermore, there is also a control key on the Mac that does something different I 'spose - I never use it!

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Wtf are you talking about?

Tell ya what I'll do.  Since I currently have two eyephones, a mini and a maxi, I';ll take a pic and post it.  Hang tight!

Here we go. Easy as 123. You and me. 

First pic I typed past the length of the box so you can't see the capital H at the beginning  You can't scroll back to see it unless you use wilbur's trick. IMG_1110.thumb.JPG.49e3d6a647efd3e6328ce3e11b50bd12.JPGIMG_1110.thumb.JPG.49e3d6a647efd3e6328ce3e11b50bd12.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

• Heart 1