Chicks in the kitchen getting spanked

Randomguy

Is there a division of labor in your household based on gender?

My friends upstate kind of do.  She does the womanly stuff, and he carries heavy things.  She is a good cook, but only of unhealthy foods.   Breakfast is an omelette or eggs of some sort AND bacon AND sausage AND waffles or toast with butter or somesuch.   He will cook things like chili and burgers, though.  

In my relationships, I was always the one that cooked, and liked doing my own laundry.  I hate doing dishes, particularly pots and pans.  I don't like sweeping floors, but I am ok with mopping.  I hate yardwork with a passion, and hate to get stuck on a grill when I could be having a beer and socializing instead.

I must be at least half chick, but not the wanting to get spanked kind.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

When I was married, my jobs were to do all the yardwork, repair everything that needs repairing, do all the paint and other upkeep, do all the car maintenance and other dirty work.  I would also run the vacuum and do the outdoor cooking.  

I think it is a damn shame when someone can't do basic cooking.  I often feel I don't know the nuance of things, but can put things together that taste good.  Plus, the internet.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is there a division of labor in your household based on gender?

My friends upstate kind of do.  She does the womanly stuff, and he carries heavy things.  She is a good cook, but only of unhealthy foods.   Breakfast is an omelette or eggs of some sort AND bacon AND sausage AND waffles or toast with butter or somesuch.   He will cook things like chili and burgers, though.  

In my relationships, I was always the one that cooked, and liked doing my own laundry.  I hate doing dishes, particularly pots and pans.  I don't like sweeping floors, but I am ok with mopping.  I hate yardwork with a passion, and hate to get stuck on a grill when I could be having a beer and socializing instead.

Dear God Man, snap out of it.  Standing by the grill with a cold beer and your buddies, talking about cars and football and the hot new chick at the end of the street who likes to jog in Lululemon yoga pants is where it is at.

Image result for king of the hill alley beer

Image result for king of the hill alley beer

Image result for king of the hill grill

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Envious 1

In the past, I did the dishes and most of the laundry plus vacuuming. WoJSTL is a good cook; does most of the cleaning; and likes to mow the lawn. She retired a couple of years ago and now does more of the laundry and dishes.

Like RR, I do the car maintenance and any repair jobs within my abilities.

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

When I was married, my jobs were to do all the yardwork, repair everything that needs repairing, do all the painting and other upkeep, and do all the car maintenance/other dirty work.  I would also run the vacuum and do the outdoor cooking.  

razors.jpg.9a1c9e983b99530f7e825de8d69d2b17.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm the cook and since I'm in the kitchen more do most of the clean up too.  I prefer to do my own laundry but my wife generally does it, and gives my socks & tshirts to my son...  

I don't like doing house projects but can usually figure shit out. My wife can't and generally f's shit up worse. She does all of the yard work, mainly because she enjoys it.   We live in a townhouse tho so no grass cutting.  She cleans her car, I clean mine. 

What she does do quiet well and I stay out of us manage the finances and all medical issues.  Just leave me a few bucks each week for the occasional lunch or soda & jerky from the quick stop and I'm good.

I do the dishes and my wife cooks, but like your example, not as low cal and light as I would prefer.  I wish we could meet in the middle somewhere.  Sometimes we do, but it is the exception rather than the rule.  So I try to limit my portions, but it doesn't work that well.  Last night for instance the chili with meat and beans tasted awesome and I couldn;t stop eating it.  I did finally manage a pushaway and ate some raw veggies with cottage cheese to get my veggie fix.  I am usually the salad guy, and I wish I could do more in the way of healthy food prep of things that she would eat.  If on my own, I would eat primarily raw veggies.  I would probably get tired of that diet after a while though so would add some variety, but I really like the idea of meat and cheese as condiment instead of the main course.

Finances are similar.  I pay the bills, she shops.

I do most of the outside stuff, mainly weeding, gardening, and painting because we have a lawn service, but she will occasionally trim the bushes (stop it!). 

I usually do the vacuuming and she does the rest of the home stuff.  I do my own laundry and I like it that way - it is therapeutic to turn a mess into nice clean neat clothes.  Which reminds me...

Oh, and I buy and drink the beer. :)  She buys the wine and mostly cooks with it.

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I forgot one of the manliest jobs of all.  I was the spider killer.  Spiders loved to hang out in our bathroom.  I faced them all down, one by one.    beerbeerbeer.gif.3e6d4e375c930d655f35dc991d725cd9.gif

I take spiders and throw them outside.  Those little bugs do a LOT of good.  Now, if I lived in California and had to deal with THOSE spiders(!), I might behave differently.

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I take spiders and throw them outside.  Those little bugs do a LOT of good.  Now, if I lived in California and had to deal with THOSE spiders(!), I might behave differently.

I live near the Great Dismal Swamp.  There are a gazillion of them outside here.  Another one or two isn't going to make a bit of difference to the local ecology.

Mr. Aire does way more than me.  He fixes things and pays bills and mows. I weed and cook. He does all the laundry because he is way more particular than me. He grinds the dog toenails including Ylva's because they must all be exactly the same length. I wash and train dogs but not Ylva. Couch does that.   Oh, and I plant flowers. 

• Awesome 1