Weekend plans between Mega Storms and Blood Wolf Moons

petitepedal

:dontknow:  Going to a couple of other furniture stores with a friend...I will be getting a new couch this summer (saving to pay for it with cash)...and she needs one sooner...she has new carpeting coming in soon..a couch is next.

Laundry, Church, Workout (second church)...and meal planning AKA the usual....all on my agenda.  A cool weekend ahead but not the originally forecast polar vortex thingy ...so no panic :frantics:

We were planning a nice birthday dinner for MomKirby, but had to cancel because of the snow.  She'd worry non-stop at even the thought of the snow.  We may try to do a small celebration on Saturday before the snow gets here, but we need to see the weather reports.  Otherwise, I'll be packing for a trip that may get delayed due to weather.  Plus I have to work at least one of the days.

Got the toilet in finally...a story in and of itself, wrenching my back on one of the several rip out and try again. Will defer the sink replacement as it also requires getting in the attic with some pipe replacement (poly to PEX). "Date night" Saturday with wife as son got her a Groupon special painting event where everyone is in a room (BYOB) painting the same thing. Been decades since I picked up a paint brush (other than house painting) but she didn't want to invite one of her girlfriends so I 'volunteered.' Unfortunately, she has a Dr appt on MLK Day as suggested, with having a cold snap this weekend, going to a State Park where manatee should be in full run - and fewer people than a Sat/Sun visit, and no school outings bussing in kids on Monday.

Quiet night at home Friday. Work the LBS Saturday. Run errands Sunday before the polar vortex arrives Sunday afternoon. Lows are in the single digits. Going to a local sports bar to watch the Patriots Chiefs game Sunday night. Sleep in Monday, maybe build a fire in the fireplace.

Saturday I'm going to work in the garage 

Sunday I might go to a 3 hour ice race as a spectator not a racer this year. I think it was 7 or 8 years ago I broke my shoulder in the second lap of the race. 

I bought a bunch of food Thursday to prepare for the two snowstorms approaching, expecting to get some housework done and pressure cook a pot roast from the following wonderful recipe: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-pot-roast-with-mushroom-gravy-easy-380069 where I have a 2.5 lb piece of chuck roast in the freezer.

But it looks like we're going to dodge another bullet as we've done the last two Winters.  Much like the Light Brigade which had "cannon to the right of them, cannon to left of them, cannon in front of them," we've seen big snows to the south in Virginia, the west in West Virginia, to the north in Pennsylvania, and some monster storms that remained east out in the Atlantic.  Everyone's anxious that Mother Nature will soon even things up!

The Thurs-Fri snowstorm resulted in 1" of snow on my car and no accumulation on the sidewalk and streets and 42F today should melt it.  Meanwhile a once-forecast 3" or more Sat-Sun. snowstorm is now forecast to end as rain with temps in the 40's before the temperature rapidly drops to 7 degrees F overnight, so now we're told no snow accumulation but icy roads with high's Mon-Tues of 19 and 30.  But it will supposedly be in the 40's Wednesday,

Pizza party tonight, work around the house tomorrow, I ought to clean out the boiler heat exchanger before the cold plunge.  Mass tomorrow night then off to see a friend's band.  Was supposed to head out of state then back for a late hockey game but I think a lot of that's getting cancelled for ice.  Oh, and cleaning up rainwater in the basement