Nothing shows your ager like using the phrase Tinkers to Evers to Chance

Ralphie

I normally come in early and park right next to the door near our work area.  A couple of days ago I had a meeting at another campus and when I got back had to park far away.

One of my guys walks in (early 20's) and said oh your here, I didn't see your car.  Yeah I had to park in BFE... Sir?!?!  What? BFE? Where is that?

Seriously!?!? 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

A guy a few years older than me used it at a table full of mostly millenials and the blank stares were funny!

Others have aged better - everyone knows Who's On First. :)

Got any other good examples?

Baseball is one of the better broadcast sports out there.  They usually get talented baseball people who are good at accurately describing the action, context, and history to the radio audience.  At least they used to.

Football is not like this, they just fawn over the same bunch of buttholes all game, because they lack imagination and think lowly of the audience.

When you walk up the stairs in my office building, there are an incredible number of doors because you have to go through two little hallways with doors, and stairs with separate fire safety doors and then another little landing area with separate doors.   When you walk in with someone, it can get silly because you keep saying "thank you" every time someone open the door for you  - which is every few seconds.  I'll sometimes say that getting to the office is like entering Control headquarters.  At which point I often get a blank look and I add "you know, like at the beginning of Get Smart" - and then I get another blank look.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

When you walk up the stairs in my office building, there are an incredible number of doors because you have to go through two little hallways with doors, and stairs with separate fire safety doors and then another little landing area with separate doors.   When you walk in with someone, it can get silly because you keep saying "thank you" every time someone open the door for you  - which is every few seconds.  I'll sometimes say that getting to the office is like entering Control headquarters.  At which point I often get a blank look and I add "you know, like at the beginning of Get Smart" - and then I get another blank look.

Well I get it.  I've made cone of silence references which have confused others.

One of my favorite sitcoms still and I enjoyed the movie with Steve Carrel playing Max.

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I normally come in early and park right next to the door near our work area.  A couple of days ago I had a meeting at another campus and when I got back had to park far away.

One of my guys walks in (early 20's) and said oh your here, I didn't see your car.  Yeah I had to park in BFE... Sir?!?!  What? BFE? Where is that?

Seriously!?!? 

What is BFE? Bum Fuck... where?

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Can you change the channel for me?

What book are you reading?

Did you have fun playing outside with your friends?

Lets go to the mall?

I need to get stamps and mail some letters

My email is jsharr@aol.com

Reminds me of talks with my son.  Did you lose the TV remote too?  I was the TV remote.  Chris, channel 7!!! 

Did you play Nintendo? No I played outside...

• Awesome 1