Thought provoking

Airehead

Some of you read the Huffington Post piece my friend Robert wrote. Today he was on the Today show because someone read that story. I found it a powerful thing to watch and am going to share it here in case you have 7 minutes.  But I will screw up the process and anyone is free to fix it  

I don’t think Robert should be ‘celebrated’, but he should absolutely be commended for striving to better himself and others.  His story serves as a sobering reminder to those who think they are ok to drive after drinking. 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I cannot imagine waking up every morning knowing I had killed people. 

There are lots of days I don't know how I don't kill people!

Anyway, you have posted about him before.  Thankfully he has a good attitude about it!  

I know two people that have killed others behind the wheel  The first was a roommate and fell asleep behind the wheel while working for the San Diego library system.  He worked a bunch of overtime the previous couple of weeks making deliveries for them.  He didn't talk about it much, but refused to drive ever since, I think it had been 12 years or so of no driving for him at that time.

The second was a guy who previously had two DUI arrests.  On his third arrest, he killed someone while drunk behind the wheel.  Fucker.   He was on a work release kind of thing and nominally worked at our company.  He stopped drinking after the killing, as well he should.  I know it wrecked him.  He seemed like a good guy, but 3 DUI's and a fatality?  Throw away the key is my impulse thought, but he got his life together when it all went down.  I am sure that doesn't help the victim's family, though.