the official snow report thread

bikeman564™

5 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

SE mitten only has aboot an inch so far :wacko:

It was so deep, wet and heavy last night that the plus bike was a challenge.  Haven't missed fatty in a while.  I did last night.  I made in home and dumped it only three times.  I landed on my feet but Fuse fell in the snow.  People were honking.  LOL

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It was so deep, wet and heavy last night that the plus bike was a challenge.  Haven't missed fatty in a while.  I did last night.  I made in home and dumped it only three times.  I landed on my feel but Fuse fell in the snow.  People were honking.  LOL

How much annual snow do you get typically in KF?

4pm, Mr Aire went out to move snow around. It doesn't look like more than 6 inches.  He might have been tired of packing.   He is better at moving snow than packing. Stuff he put in the give away box last weekend, he took out this weekend.   

• Haha 1

We in Central Maryland were supposed to get 1" of snow Thursday and we did but it was melted off the sidewalks, streets and cars by Friday afternoon's 40+ temps, leaving behind a few inches on the grass, curbs, etc. from the last snow.

We were originally supposed to get a few inches of snow and maybe more Sunday, but warmer weather than expected changed the forecast into a probable all-rain event, though flooding in low places is probable because the rain will be heavy - it would have made a couple feet of snow in colder temperatures.  Any new snow will be mainly along the Mason-Dixon Line (Maryland - Pennsylvania Border) where Westminster, MD and Gettysburg, PA might get 1" of snow.

Then it gets cold and dry but warms up enough so Wed. and Thurs. we get rain.  We've been dodging bullets again and again with little snow since a 25" snowstorm in Feb. 2016.  Many feel like Mother Nature is going to whack us big time before the Winter is over to even things up.

1754953766_WeatherForecast1_19_19-1.25_19-WBALbetter.JPG.535b284efc5bbec2835b1dae74e23d3e.JPG

Tried to go out to dinner.  There is about a 1/100th of an inch on the ground.  Wife tried to pay at one of those automated pay stations.  Said there was a snow ban in effect.  It's not even snowing.

She just went in to order take out.  I'm stuck in the car.

It drive me crazy how people fall for this every time.   Plus this is Massachusetts. It does snow here, always has.

• Awesome 1

What with the compacting, there is almost 2" on the deck rails.  It looks icy and dangerous and I will probably die before the day is out.  It's not going to melt however because the temps will be dropping down to single digits by tomorrow so the driveway will be crusty washboard ice for days.  This is when my redneck neighbors can justifry those SUV's.

I realize that my good fortune in having bad weather guessers is going to be a problem for some farther north than here.  :hapydance:

Upon further review, it's raining and the temps are already above freezing and are projected to climb into the 40's today before the big freeze and the next bout of end times.  I think I will do absolutely nothing other than to clean the snow off of my car later if the rain doesn't do it first.

Now I have to dig through the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer to find something good to grill.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Up to Airedale bellies a bit ago so maybe 20 inches.   Still snowing. 

Sorry to hear that.  Our good fortune seems to be your problem.  But somewhere in between us ice is already taking down power lines and trees.  The outage map for CT shows a line of towns that are starting to have power problems.  It looks like that line of towns will miss me by about 15 miles.  Fingers still crossed but I don't have that feeling of impending doom that I felt 2 days ago when it looked like that 15 mile miss might be a direct hit.

Now its the cold after the storm. Its a beautiful snow covered sunny morning but its eight below. We can tell Maggie has been locked up her first year of life because she is getting a taste of her first sub freezing temps we think. She runs out, busting snow drifts, chasing birds, covered in snow, throwing chunks of snow in the air, refusing to come in because she is just having too much fun.  Then she starts limping on one foot, then another, then she limps towards the door crying under her breath, probably wondering why she is in pain. :(

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1