Saturday Breakfast

petitepedal

Got up at 11 a.m,  Wife made a brilliant cup of coffee.  We went to a place yesterday that sells 'vegan' donuts.  I know.  That's funny as hell.  If you go there in late afternoon, they have a 2 for 1 sale.  Well, when I went to order, she informed me they were .out of 'vegan' donuts.  I haven had anything bad since Christmas and before that it was Thanksgiving.  You think I was going to walk out of there deprived??  No way, man.  I bought 2 donuts for the price of 1 and ate one yesterday and just wolfed down the second one for breakfast today.  I mean, somebody had to do it... non-vegan and all.

A drizzle (1 tbsp maybe) of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, a little chopped sweet onion tossed in, microwaved baby potatoes cut into 1/4" slices added to it and occasionally stirred until a little brown texture shows.  The contents dumped onto a plate along with two microwaved AmyLu chicken sausages (Brown N Serve size, but 2/3 the calories).

Then, two eggs cracked into the frying pan (one had a double yolk!), fried over-easy and, after putting a little butter, salt, and pepper on the plated potatoes, the eggs were placed on top of them with a little more salt and pepper.

Wonderful!  I might do it for dinner too and, on this cold night, have it with some of the decaf. Apricot or Mango flavored tea I got from McNulty's. as per Randomguy's recommendation (https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/topic/78075-alternate-tea-thread/)

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

A drizzle (1 tbsp maybe) of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, a little chopped sweet onion tossed in, microwaved baby potatoes cut into 1/4" slices added to it and occasionally stirred until a little brown texture shows.  The contents dumped onto a plate along with two microwaved AmyLu chicken sausages (Brown N Serve size, but 2/3 the calories).

Then, two eggs cracked into the frying pan (one had a double yolk!), fried over-easy and, after putting a little butter, salt, and pepper on the plated potatoes, the eggs were placed on top of them with a little more salt and pepper.

Wonderful!  I might do it for dinner too and, on this cold night, have it with some of the decaf. Apricot or Mango flavored tea I got from McNulty's. as per Randomguy's recommendation (https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/topic/78075-alternate-tea-thread/)

Which teas did you get exactly?  I have not had any decaf teas, by the way, not sure how they would taste.

Another btw, this is my favorite way to make the tea, it is perfect for tea making:  

image.jpeg.767d918ef5092f7b1aad6ea94f713584.jpeg