When did internment become status?

Wilbur

I got a note recently thanking me for being a Marriott Platinum status guest for 23 years.  Last year, I spent over $200,000 dollars at Marriott so I now have an ambassador to shine my shoes and lifetime Platinum Elite status when I show up.   

Looking at my sad statistics, I have spent 6.53 years of my life sleeping at Marriotts alone.  That is not status, that is internment. 

PS, Courtyard by Marriott still charges me $3 for a bottle of water. :(  That is how much they appreciate me. 

...in America, we give Social Security credits for the Japanese who were interned during WW 2.  But you need some congressman on your side to introduce the Marriott Internees' Compensation and Justice Act into the congress.  Once they find out you're Canadian, it is bound to take longer to pass into law, too. :( 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I got a note recently thanking me for being a Marriott Platinum status guest for 23 years.  Last year, I spent over $200,000 dollars at Marriott so I now have an ambassador to shine my shoes and lifetime Platinum Elite status when I show up.   

Looking at my sad statistics, I have spent 6.53 years of my life sleeping at Marriotts alone.  That is not status, that is internment. 

PS, Courtyard by Marriott still charges me $3 for a bottle of water. :(  That is how much they appreciate me. 

That is a lot of money on hotels in one year, that is a lot of money per night!  The Westin has nicer beds unless something has changed since I stayed in motels.

Other than shiny shoes, what perks does your status include?