Does anybody else not watch TV?

Dottleshead

I watch, my wife has the TV on all day every day and I watch whatever she has playing. I also will watch movies, HBO, netflix.... I like the cable stuff, car shows, home fix it shows, travel shows... There was a series called Dangerous Grounds about a coffee guy exploring for top end coffee, it was great, I don't remember what it was on.

I bought it, I'm going to watch it.

• Heart 1

I watch the television. I doubt I watch what the networks want me to since I don't watch serials, series', or sports. Mostly movies are on.

21 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I'm old school.  I like TV.  There, I said.  So shoot me.  

Right. I remember when people said watching tv was bad for you. Well, I'm still here and I had enough time to do stuff.

I don’t watch tv. Sometimes my wife will have it on and I don’t get up and leave, sometimes I do get up and leave. My chair is beside the tv so I can’t see it, I wish my wife would wear a headset or earbuds. When we had a dog I wanted to turn on the animal planet for her to watch when nobody was home. I couldn’t even figure out how to turn it on. I have never turned on the tv in the 26 years we have lived here.

• Heart 1

Speaking of tv. I've been watching this new show they got called "Wonder Woman". It's about a model who spins around and puts on skimpy clothes. Then she runs around and sometimes jumps up or down. It's pretty good. I think it's of the suspense genre because you sit there waiting and wondering when the model is going to put on the skimpy clothes.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

If it were not for the news or some dumb sporting event, or the background noise of my wife watching these crime syndicates or live talent shows, I doubt I would turn it on. I'm pretty much a computer and video game guy these days.

You asked "Does anybody else not watch TV?" yet regale us with the hours of news, sporting, and random stuff our wife watches ?

Honestly, though, it isn't TV, or movies, or anything else in particular, it is SCREEN time - which includes TV, movies, computer, video games, phones, iPads, etc..  Tons of screens out there.  

But also, considering there are 24 hrs in a day, I'd say pretty much everyone does too much of something.  They may think it is "better" or more important than watching TV, but that would often be them picking only some portion of their day and ignoring other stuff. 

But I definitely watch TV and some movies.  Got Victoria back on line for a new season and still watching the Great British Baking Show old episodes. And even a bit of the Tour Down Under this week.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

You asked "Does anybody else not watch TV?" yet regale us with the hours of news, sporting, and random stuff our wife watches ?

Honestly, though, it isn't TV, or movies, or anything else in particular, it is SCREEN time - which includes TV, movies, computer, video games, phones, iPads, etc..  Tons of screens out there.  

But also, considering there are 24 hrs in a day, I'd say pretty much everyone does too much of something.  They may think it is "better" or more important than watching TV, but that would often be them picking only some portion of their day and ignoring other stuff. 

But I definitely watch TV and some movies.  Got Victoria back on line for a new season and still watching the Great British Baking Show old episodes. And even a bit of the Tour Down Under this week.

It's why game consoles win out in my home. I can get my head out of the monitor space. I spend all day work life inside the confines of two 30 inch monitors. I am so much happier staring into my phone with small, crappy touch screen keyboards. Especially if I can catch some crap from you or jsharr.

6 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I'm old school.  I like TV.  There, I said.  So shoot me.  

I like sitting down with a cup of coffee and an episode of a good comedy show (mostly old reruns).  

I love TV, it is great!  You gotta be some sort of moron to sit down with a spouse or friend or family and just stare at a spot on the wall when you could be staring at a television together!

I watched the TV with RO, who is now sleeping yards away from me in donut-patterned pj's.  We watched the Princess Bride today.

• Heart 3

Rarely. Far more computer time. Now that football season is over, yesterday cancelled my Sling subscription which was only way could get ESPN. T-Mobile does give me Netflix as part of the phone plan, but I watch it so little, wouldn't be paying for it independently. Just rely on OTA.

• Heart 1