Did it taste like you remembered it?

groupw

They just opened a Little King sandwich shop near us. They were the first deli sub place in our town. Long before Subway was a thing in this part of the country. I loved the Royal Treat! Pepperoni, cappicola, prosciutto and provolone. They topped with lettuce, onion, tomato, oil, vinegar, salt pepper and oregano. All meat and cheese cut fresh to order. 

They hit financial troubles about 15-20 years ago and closed most stores outside of Omaha. Subway bought their old location. My son worked there as his first job. I hadn't had a Little King sandwich until they came back. Had a Royal Treat today and it was as good as I remembered! Put me in a happy place. 

I used to like eating the chicken sandwich from Burger King, but gave it up as I tried to reduce my fast food consumption. I decided to try one again about a year ago. It tasted exactly as I remembered, yet I was disappointed in it. Taste buds have grown up a bit over time....

• Heart 1

As a kid I used to love the canned Mac N Cheese. They stopped selling it and I hadn't seen it in decades.  A few years ago I saw canned Mac N Cheese so got it and it was a huge let down.  Not sure if the recipe changed, my taste buds changed or both but it was nasty.

I college there was a sub shop right across from campus. Togo's. It was the late night hang out. The "Bomb" was the ultimate. Just like subway except darker inside & probably a bit more unhygenic. Lots of product that Subway doesn't have.Many late nights the upperclassmen in the Fraternity house would tell the "rooks" I buy you fly. Which for a struggling rook was great! The Bomb could stink up a room...for hours. 

Fast forward I see a Togo's in the next town over. Not even close. More sanitized and corporate. No reason to go in there now

• Haha 1

I don't have comparable experiences since I didn't gravitate to the chain burger, subway shops when I was younger.

I was buying muffins nearly daily over 30 yrs.  

One thing I do like now, is some of the fast food chains, do offer dark/stronger coffee which agrees more with me now.  Of course true coffee chains have better coffee. However when one wants something abit cheaper/convenient, then I'm off to Tim Horton's dark coffee.