LA's Aspen Home

bikeman564™

21 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I wouldn’t know. Hell, I wouldn’t know if 1,00’s were out of circulation. 

100's are the largest denomination in circulation.  Getting rid of 1,000's had to do with illegal drugs...for whatever that's worth.

Oh, we weren't supposed to mention illegal drugs in this thread.  I'll probably be banned.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Is no one going to mention that Lance's art choices are questionable at best?    He is too proud of the squatty potty's, not sure why he is talking about them, and he seems oddly fixated on fridges.

It is sad to see him look so facially old.

I have no eye for art, so all art is meh to me. But yes I agree, he's very fixated on fridges. I thought who gives a hoot? Squatty potty too. I'm surprised there was no fridge in the terlet room.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Was I seeing things or did most of the bikes in the garage have the big S on them?   He bounce from Trek?

From the pics I've seen on Strava, I don't think he rides Trek. I've seen him on Santa Cruz, Cannondale, Scott, and others that I can't see the brand.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

I have no eye for art, so all art is meh to me. But yes I agree, he's very fixated on fridges. I thought who gives a hoot? Squatty potty too. I'm surprised there was no fridge in the terlet room.

Take it from me, it was bad for the viewing.    Lance may be technically correct that some of it is considered collectible, but for me, art has to be something that draws the eye in a pleasant way, something you want to look at that gives you pleasure.  There was a bunch there that I didn't feel would do that for many people, and it seems like he has some of it just to say he has some from famous folks.

Overall, Lance seemed nervous a bit.  I think he is really trying to reintegrate into society and thought that showing folks around would make him more relatable.  Maybe he really felt he had to explain the multiple fridges, dunno.   The toilet thing was just weird.

23 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Was I seeing things or did most of the bikes in the garage have the big S on them?   He bounce from Trek?

Definitely one S-works bike in there at least.  Does he feel weird about Trek cutting him off?  Maybe he is still pissed, we know he does hold a grudge.

The house is pretty nice, though, and is probably worth a small fortune on its own.  Aspen property is pretty outrageous.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I thought he was selling the Aspen home to pay off his court fines, no?

No, he owns a bunch of Uber, apparently, guessed by some cycling rags as worth $100 million or so.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

While I like Stiegl (radler) and will drink Stella or Blue Moon (not top choices), I gotta say, his "beer" fridge isn't really a beer fridge.

For a rich dude, he has poor man's beer.  If I had Lance's money, it would be fancy craft Zima only.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

While I like Stiegl (radler) and will drink Stella or Blue Moon (not top choices), I gotta say, his "beer" fridge isn't really a beer fridge.

image.thumb.png.ae2bedf5eeb1593fa0c5f9ed1a84f737.png

I was disappointed w/ his selection. He'll need to add some stouts if he wants me to come out there and ride. He does like tequila though.

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

I was disappointed w/ his selection. He'll need to add some stouts if he wants me to come out there and ride. He does like tequila though. 

I can't say the wine cellar was too ostentatious.  Not too many bottles, and not overly large.  Good for him.

• Heart 1