My Mother is making us hot cocoa hoarders

Dirtyhip

My Mother is sweet.  She loves to give people things.  Her generosity is almost as attractive as her quick wit and comedic personality. She is a wonderful person.

This being said, she will not stop sending me hot cocoa mix from Godiva.  Don't get me wrong.  It's tasty stuff.  But, I would have to drink hot cocoa every day for a year, and I still would have cocoa left,  

We had a pyramid of cocoa in the panty.  I got a notification.  It was from Fed Ex.  They were sending me a package.  I didn't remember buying anything new.  When I got home, there it was.  A box on the porch, soaked by rain...from Godiva.  I opened the box hoping for maybe a box of their pretty chocolate.  Nope.  It contained 12 canisters with gold print.  RICH HOT COCOA MIX.  I left the box in the sunroom.  Didn't even unpack it.  This is how hoarding begins.  The shipment isn't even unpacked all the way.  

In a hope to get on top of the cocoa, we have even started baking with it.  We made a cocoa cake recently, with cocoa icing.

You'll all read about us soon.  Death by hot cocoa toxicity.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My Mother is sweet.  She loves to give people things.  Her generosity is almost as attractive as her quick wit and comedic personality. She is a wonderful person.

This being said, she will not stop sending me hot cocoa mix from Godiva.  Don't get me wrong.  It's tasty stuff.  But, I would have to drink hot cocoa every day for a year, and I still would have cocoa left,  

We had a pyramid of cocoa in the panty.  I got a notification.  It was from Fed Ex.  They were sending me a package.  I didn't remember buying anything new.  When I got home, there it was.  A box on the porch, soaked by rain...from Godiva.  I opened the box hoping for maybe a box of their pretty chocolate.  Nope.  It contained 12 canisters with gold print.  RICH HOT COCOA MIX.  I left the box in the sunroom.  Didn't even unpack it.  This is how hoarding begins.  The shipment isn't even unpacked all the way.  

In a hope to get on top of the cocoa, we have even started baking with it.  We made a cocoa cake recently, with cocoa icing.

You'll all read about us soon.  Death by hot cocoa toxicity.

Maybe you should give some to neighbours with children for their birthday party.  It doesn't have to be a lot.  Or give out a pkg. for Hallowe'en when neighbour parents come with their children.

5 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Are you my sistah?

Every single Christmas...hot chocolates. We don't drink a lot of HC. When we moved a couple years ago we threw out about 100 packs

Oh fuck.  HAHAHAHA!  

For while it was granola bars.  Nature Valley.

One time, after she visited...her essence was still in the room, my buddy walks in.  He looks to our counter,  on it lay a bounty of nuts and about 12 bottles of Hempz lotion.  He laughed and said "That are ya havin a lotion party and you are serving nuts?  Oh yeah...gimme some more pecans and rub that lotion on....ohhhhh."  ?  

<groan>

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Maybe you should give some to neighbours with children for their birthday party.  It doesn't have to be a lot.  Or give out a pkg. for Hallowe'en when neighbour parents come with their children.

I am already very popular form her re-gifts.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

also drop a few pallet loads off at a local homeless shelter. 

^^^^This or the local food shelf :nodhead:  I purchased 4 packets before the holidays....not that fancy stuff..I think Land O Lakes...anyway..I have had 1. Not a big Cocoa drinker but sometimes when it is cold..it hits the spot...but 4 packets should last me the entire winter...maybe more.