Texting among forumites is a cancer on the forum

Road Runner

Soon, people will stop posting here and just text the people that they want to talk to.  This is going to kill the forum.  I need to see what others are saying, even if I am not interested in what they are saying.  That is what a forum is all about.  Reading a bunch of inane stuff and making judgments about others based on their posts.  :)

Let's stop this insidious texting before it destroys our wonderful home.   :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

50 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Soon, people will stop posting here and just text the people that they want to talk to.  This is going to kill the forum.  I need to see what others are saying, even if I am not interested in what they are saying.  That is what a forum is all about.  Reading a bunch of inane stuff and making judgments about others based on their posts.  :)

Let's stop this insidious texting before it destroys our wonderful home.   :angry:

Roadrunner (Howard Johnson) is right!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

RR is a true devotee of the forum format.  Me too!

But I am too. :(  I don't want to replace the forum, just supplement. There are times when I see a beautiful woman at Winn Dixie, or I'm sad, when I think, man I wish I could share this with RR but he's watching Jeopardy.   :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Wilbur, you have so many different phone numbers I can't keep track. I don't think you even know. 

Wilbur seems to have joined the group of RR haters.  We used to PM a little, but no longer.  I am quickly running out of people here who will talk to me.  :(

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Wilbur seems to have joined the group of RR haters.  We used to PM a little, but no longer.  I am quickly running out of people here who will talk to me.  :(

Don't feel sad. I can't buy his attention anymore.  

He's worse than you.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I do not like texting, not one bit. 

The thing I like about texting is it doesn’t have to interrupt. If you have your phone set to make a noise when you get a text you decide wether to look at it now or later, it will still be there. What I don’t like is phone calls. I almost never answer a phone call. If I see it’s a friend calling I will answer it. I gave Mrs LJ her own ringtone so I can answer her if she calls.

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The thing I like about texting is it doesn’t have to interrupt. If you have your phone set to make a noise when you get a text you decide wether to look at it now or later, it will still be there. What I don’t like is phone calls. I almost never answer a phone call. If I see it’s a friend calling I will answer it. I gave Mrs LJ her own ringtone so I can answer her if she calls.

Yeah but... if I look at it, it no longer gives me a reminder.  With email, I can just leave it in my inbox until I have time to reply.

• Heart 1