Sunday, Jan 20: workout, miles, snow shoveled

petitepedal

Had planned to ride gravel, but temps were a little below my minimum. 30 minutes on trainer at PF. Random, level 11. 10.7 miles. 30 minutes of weights. 

Had to chuckle. I was looking straight ahead, but I caught the young guy next to me glancing over at my readout. He had his phone over his, but I could see his distance on the display. He had been pedaling for a bit before I got there. I saw he was trying to match my cadence. I glanced at his readout again and I was gaining on his distance rapidly. He paused for a drink, gave a furious pedaling effort for a bit (I was still gaining). He got off the trainer and walked away. Didn’t realize we were racing, but it was funny to see him watching. Like someone trying to copy your homework!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, groupw said:

Had planned to ride gravel, but temps were a little below my minimum. 30 minutes on trainer at PF. Random, level 11. 10.7 miles. 30 minutes of weights. 

Had to chuckle. I was looking straight ahead, but I caught the young guy next to me glancing over at my readout. He had his phone over his, but I could see his distance on the display. He had been pedaling for a bit before I got there. I saw he was trying to match my cadence. I glanced at his readout again and I was gaining on his distance rapidly. He paused for a drink, gave a furious pedaling effort for a bit (I was still gaining). He got off the trainer and walked away. Didn’t realize we were racing, but it was funny to see him watching. Like someone trying to copy your homework!

I sometimes do that to my wife.  We generally do 30 minutes treadmill and then do our own weight circuits.  I often look at her distance and will ramp mine up if she's gone farther.  When done ill give her grief for not going as far.   Now she looks at mine, then I'll look at hers and we have a mini race going.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Dog walking is the goal of the day.  Rain seems done, but temps are dropping and the wind has really picked up.  Hoping the pup wants to get out for a longer walk.

I should have gotten out for a ride around 1 or 2 PM since it was almost dry by then.  I walked Ruby at 3 and the sun was great but the wind was picking up.  I could have tolerated the wind with good direct sun, but the 3:30  sun would have been too weak.

Ruby wanted to turn around after she pooped but I drug her the other 3/4 of the way.  She picked up the pace to get back home as quickly as possible!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

I like to race people that don’t know I’m racing them. As long as they don’t know I have a chance to beat them. At 69 years old I need all the help I can get.

i hung out at home all day with Mrs.LJ. We live-streamed the church service from the hot tub. Then I shoveled for a bit but the snow is really tough. It is the consistency of blocks of styrofoam glued down to the cars. I used a snow shovel to clear the windows a bit. Tomorrow is a Holliday so I can work on it some more. It’s only five degrees now and the frozen down snow doesn’t want to move.

99873AFC-1D96-44ED-B027-93A1C8C68A04.jpeg

5FDF8161-6997-4A3D-A120-FDBBC9001153.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

About 15 minutes on the treadmill..more than my usual warm up of 10 to 12 min...the freaking machine kept going from mile to km...blinking the speed the whole time...I reported it...  Then I hauled the 15 and 20 pound dumbells over to the PF360 area where I workout....when I was done with the 15's I took them back and brought back a 40 for hip thrusts...I was there for at least 90 minutes...hauling weights and the bench take a little time...This was the same workout I did with the trainer on Thursday...without the medicine ball slams (don't have the right kind of ball or a weight I can do them with :dontknow:)...During our trainer session..we only did 2 sets of the last 5 or 6 exercises..but I did 3 sets of each today :nodhead:  Feels great...and I think I am looking smaller..which is part of the plan!!

• Heart 1