2 strike outs in the food department today

petitepedal

:wacko: Went for breakfast on my way to grocery shop...since my schedule got messed up... a "Finnish Breakfast Pasty"..Ham, mashed potatoes, cheese, peas & carrots..it was mostly the bread of the pasty and mashed potatoes..thankfully the fruit cup tasted good.

While grocery shopping..I fell prey to a sale that offered a rack of B.B.Q. Ribs at like half the normal price...I had not had these before...actually..I think I save ribs for a dinner out...I made them once about a year ago...Anyway, Lloyds BBQ...not so impressed. Thankfully they were less than $7...If I do ribs again...I will get the meat on sale at the LGS by work...and do them myself in the crock pot...

So neither of these things were worth the time or effort...  :(  I still have one or two meals of the mediocre ribs remaining :wacko:

15 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:wacko: Went for breakfast on my way to grocery shop...since my schedule got messed up... a "Finnish Breakfast Pasty"..Ham, mashed potatoes, cheese, peas & carrots..it was mostly the bread of the pasty and mashed potatoes..thankfully the fruit cup tasted good.

While grocery shopping..I fell prey to a sale that offered a rack of B.B.Q. Ribs at like half the normal price...I had not had these before...actually..I think I save ribs for a dinner out...I made them once about a year ago...Anyway, Lloyds BBQ...not so impressed. Thankfully they were less than $7...If I do ribs again...I will get the meat on sale at the LGS by work...and do them myself in the crock pot...

So neither of these things were worth the time or effort...  :(  I still have one or two meals of the mediocre ribs remaining :wacko:

Take the ribs that are left, pull them and make BBQ quesadillas with other leftovers.  You should always have a package of wraps around.  The non refrigerated kind last a long time.

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

I'm not big on ribs with rub already on them.

I like ribs with a sauce I found in a grilling book called Mississippi Rib Sauce with 4:2:1 ingredient ratios (plenty for about 2 1/2 lb ribs).

Friends love it:

Ingredients (all mixed together):

4 tbsp ketchup

4 tbsp sugar (2 tbsp works fine for me)

2 tbsp cider vinegar (1.5 if a little thicker is desired)

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (1.5 tbsp if a little thicker is desired)

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning

Optional: Cayenne Pepper (a pea size of ground cayenne will kick it up a notch without making it hot)