I believe that Cheese is not a republican or jewish, and I don't believe he likes windows at all

Randomguy

How do you explain this headline then?

"House Republicans Called Emergency Meeting On Cheese As Shutdown Approached" https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/shutdown-cheese_us_5c1e1dd9e4b08aaf7a892887?ec_carp=7623804698533472857

Although, this one does leave doubt..

https://forward.com/food/133876/can-cheese-be-jewish/

• Heart 4

15 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I have full confidence that Cheese represents himself precisely as he truly is.  To question his veracity in these matters is very poor manners, indeed.

He is from the south, there are no Jews in the south, except for Florida.  If he was Jewish, he would be in Florida, and he definitely wouldn't be milking pigs.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Although, this one does leave doubt..

https://forward.com/food/133876/can-cheese-be-jewish/

The article's about Goat Cheese, but Cow's Cheese can be Jewish, I learned from a Jewish friend, as long as you don't eat it with beef.  It's not kosher because there's a line somewhere in the Old Testament that says you must not drown a calf in its mother's milk.  The rules say you can eat cheese and you can eat beef, but not together!  I think all my Jewish friends love cheeseburgers and cheesesteak subs.  But you can't get them in most Israeli restaurants!

After a lot of drinking at the end of a tour/Nile Cruise of Egypt and then flying to Tel Aviv, Israel a day ahead of beginning another week of touring, I decided to walk off a queasy stomach after the booze plus a week of Egyptian food and check out the beautiful beach on the Mediterranean Sea and the streets of Tel Aviv.  After a while, I turned a corner and there was the answer to my problem: a big sign said, "Burger King."

So I walked in, wallet filled with Israeli shekels, and asked at the counter, "Can I get a Whopper with cheese, fries, and a Diet Coke like in the USA?"

A girl with an American accent replied, "You bet - but no cheese on the Whopper."

Within a couple hours my stomach was back to normal and I was all set for my week-long Israel tour to begin!

When I got back to the States, I asked a Jewish friend why no cheese on the Whopper.  She explained about the calf and mother's milk.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

He is from the south, there are no Jews in the south, except for Florida.

The Jewish Heritage Collection documents the Jewish experience in South Carolina from colonial times to present day. The archives grows out of an active program of collection, field work, and public education that was inaugurated in January 1995 by the Jewish Historical Society of South Carolina, the College of Charleston’s Jewish Studies Program, and McKissick Museum at the University of South Carolina. Project staff spearheaded research and development of a major museum exhibition, A Portion of the People: Three Hundred Years of Southern Jewish Life, that opened at McKissick in January 2002, beginning a two-year national tour.

...if you prick us, do we not bleed ?:huh:

Baker-Meat-Market1.jpg 

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...I hear you on the Republican thing, though.  Friends don't let friends drive while Republican.:(

It is the fact that he hates all windows that I find most disturbing.  I sincerely hope he has Little Debbies stashed in his house someplace, otherwise I just wouldn't know what to believe!

Shirley this is made up!

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The article's about Goat Cheese, but Cow's Cheese can be Jewish, I learned from a Jewish friend, as long as you don't eat it with beef.  It's not kosher because there's a line somewhere in the Old Testament that says you must not drown a calf in its mother's milk. 

I never knew this. I have no idea if I am kosher half the time or not.  Since I am not Jewish, it isn't a big deal.  We will ask about the grape pie if Cheese can ever find his way up here.

In my neighborhood, a lot of meat is marked either halal or kosher.  I don't really know what either really means other than they probably weren't grown on monastery or nunnery grounds.

16 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I went to a Jewish wedding in Columbus once.  It is still one of the best weddings I ever went to.  My gf could have explained what was going on better, but it didn't matter because she smiled a lot.

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Conservative and yes I really love windows. Most important feature of the home in my opinion. Casements are the quickest and easiest way to tranform a house into a home. 

Aire will regret not using all casements.   :(

But I used one in your honor

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The article's about Goat Cheese, but Cow's Cheese can be Jewish, I learned from a Jewish friend, as long as you don't eat it with beef.  It's not kosher because there's a line somewhere in the Old Testament that says you must not drown a calf in its mother's milk.  The rules say you can eat cheese and you can eat beef, but not together!  I think all my Jewish friends love cheeseburgers and cheesesteak subs.  But you can't get them in most Israeli restaurants!

After a lot of drinking at the end of a tour/Nile Cruise of Egypt and then flying to Tel Aviv, Israel a day ahead of beginning another week of touring, I decided to walk off a queasy stomach after the booze plus a week of Egyptian food and check out the beautiful beach on the Mediterranean Sea and the streets of Tel Aviv.  After a while, I turned a corner and there was the answer to my problem: a big sign said, "Burger King."

So I walked in, wallet filled with Israeli shekels, and asked at the counter, "Can I get a Whopper with cheese, fries, and a Diet Coke like in the USA?"

A girl with an American accent replied, "You bet - but no cheese on the Whopper."

Within a couple hours my stomach was back to normal and I was all set for my week-long Israel tour to begin!

When I got back to the States, I asked a Jewish friend why no cheese on the Whopper.  She explained about the calf and mother's milk.

But why don't we milk pigs?

...when we bought this 1950's California Ranch style house, it had all casement windows.  When we had the cash to replace the 1950's casements, I selected vinyl sliding windows, manufactured by Milgard,  I have no regrets, and have yet to bump my head on an open sliding window while weeding or trimming in the foundation planting shrubbery. Which I did several times on those stupid aluminum casements. :angry:

We did have Pella wood casements on the house in the foothills.  It had a full basement, and the windows were up higher because the foundation extended higher above ground level. Those were also very fine windows.  I support @Airehead 's decision to go with whatever she deemed appropriate for her circumstances, and feel that @AirwickWithCheese might not be seeing the window issue through a clear and undistorted pane.

rustic-6-pane-reclaimed-barn-wood-mirror

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

...when we bought this 1950's California Ranch style house, it had all casement windows.  When we had the cash to replace the 1950's casements, I selected vinyl sliding windows, manufactured by Milgard,  I have no regrets, and have yet to bump my head on an open sliding window while weeding or trimming in the foundation planting shrubbery. Which I did several times on those stupid aluminum casements. :angry:

We did have Pella wood casements on the house in the foothills.  It had a full basement, and the windows were up higher because the foundation extended higher above ground level. Those were also very fine windows.  I support @Airehead 's decision to go with whatever she deemed appropriate for her circumstances, and feel that @AirwickWithCheese might not be seeing the window issue through a clear and undistorted pane.

rustic-6-pane-reclaimed-barn-wood-mirror

You are going to have to engage in mortal combat now.  You know this, right?

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I now want a Papaya King hot dog and papaya drink.  Bring them to me please.

Papaya King is great, much better than Gray's Papaya.

Papaya King is the first Seinfeld thing I saw when I moved to NYC, and of course I had to have some immediately upon just seeing it there.  I was dating the big girl, who looked annoyed because we were walking to get beer.  Didn't care, I told her she had two choices - have one or watch me eat.  She watched.  Winning!

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

But why don't we milk pigs?

Good question. Supposedly their internal organs, etc. are more like humans than any of the other animals we normally eat.

Maybe, like human mother's milk, the sugar content it too high.

More likely, it's harder to milk them than goats or cows!

Back just before The Depression, my maternal grandparents bought a farm outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA where they owned a house in town.

They were robbing Peter to pay Paul to make it all work and set a rule for their nine kids, my mother being the youngest.

If the kids didn't have a job in town, they went to the farm and worked it, otherwise they stayed at the home in town.

My mother, around age 5, got out of doing work. The oldest sibling, Mary, was put in charge of the farm.

One evening, Mary asked her brother John if he had milked the cows.

He did, but said, "No."

Knowing the cows suffered much pain if they're not milked, Mary picked up a shovel and whacked John on the head, nearly knocking him unconscious.

When Aunt Mary told us cousins that story, about 40 years later, we laughed and laughed!

So, after seeing the Chinese dispose of dead bodies by feeding them to their pigs in the TV series "Deadwood," I wonder what those mean pigs would do if they weren't milked?

John, whacked in the head, recovered and went on to be Navigator of a B-17 bomber in WW2, bombing Nazi facilities including the raid on the Ploesti Oilfields in Rumania where 25% of the American Planes were shot down.  He retired from the Post Office.

Four of five sisters: Martha (age 17), Mary (pushing 30, 10 years after being the shovel wielder in charge of the farm), Sally (age 19), and just-turned-15 year-old mother-of-me-in-11-years Helen in 1939 at their parents' home in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The only surviving of all 9 siblings today is Aunt Sally, second from right, who turned 98 last August:

787912641_MarthaMarySallyHelencloseup900p.jpg.ad9fc90f680c844c97bc84d6fa6822d5.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

...more on windows.

The house we had here before this one, a 900 square foot "cottage" style place that was originally built in the 1920's and then expanded with a couple of small additions over the years, had a lot of windows in it. They were all multi-paned, wood, double hung sash weight windows.  Over the years, about half of them had broken the sash ropes, and so you had to prop them open with sticks if you needed an open window. I loved those windows, they were beautiful, Not real practical in terms of energy efficiency, but genuinely representative of a certain era in windows.

I remodeled that house completely, but I could not bear the thought of ripping out those windows.  So I opened up all the sash channels during the remodel and replaced all the sash cords with some sort of modern sash cord that was made out of some marine polypropylene rope that would last a long time.  

I'm sure whoever bought it from the people I sold it to replaced those beautiful windows with some modern, trashy looking stuff.  But I tried. :( 

• Heart 2

42 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Papaya King is great, much better than Gray's Papaya.

Papaya King is the first Seinfeld thing I saw when I moved to NYC, and of course I had to have some immediately upon just seeing it there.  I was dating the big girl, who looked annoyed because we were walking to get beer.  Didn't care, I told her she had two choices - have one or watch me eat.  She watched.  Winning!

If I ever come to NYC and you still live there, we shall have a grand time at Papaya King as we regale the locals with stories of our forum greatness.

• Heart 1