A Balmy 13* Out

Razors Edge

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is butt-ass cold here, the windchill is negative infinity.

Yeah, the claim is -3* with the windchill. The pup - even in a double coat - went out, shook her head in disgust, peed quickly, and ran back inside.  No thought whatsoever about stopping to poop. She will wait for less wind or it reaches the high of 20*.

8 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It is butt-ass cold here, the windchill is negative infinity.  I might venture out to get vegetables for the week, and pease, because it is nice in NYC to go places when others don't want to venture out.  Once I send ten more resumes, I am allowing myself out of the house for a spell.

Pullin for ya

We're freezing on brief trips out side at around 15 degrees with sustained winds around 25 mph and gusts up to 45 mph.

Tomorrow, the wind goes away with a high of 33 ("feels like 41") and sunny.

Just in time for my Tuesday grocery shopping run!  If it's nice enough, I'll take Goldendoodle Jake for for walk - it's been to snowy or awful for over a week.

It's going to be around 50F highs on Wed and Thurs but with rain.

Tues, I going to make a pot roast with mushroom gravy with baby potatoes and carrots, all pressure cooked.

Wed. or Thurs., I'm going to make Haddock Pizzaiola for dinner, probably using basil and thyme instead of tarragon & mint, overloading it with tomato slices and serving it with a bag of steamable veggies, then alternating leftovers thru the weekend:

Haddock Pizzaiola

4.5 of 5 stars out of 6 reviews (three 5's, three 4's, see below):

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/haddock-pizzaiola-92390

Recipe by mermaidmagic

1526167790_HaddockPizzaiola1.jpg.fce8dbd883989944bc68d2f0379b100f.jpg1030573856_HaddockPizzaiola2.jpg.a3de9a2856cd2b687cff74bddafb8354.jpg

“You can use scrod, haddock or any white filet fish for this recipe. We love to dip Italian bread in the pan drippings.

READY IN: 35mins  SERVES: 4

Ingredients

· 2 lbs haddock fillets or 2 lbs scrod fillets

· 1 lb fresh tomato, chopped and seeds removed

· 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

· 4 cloves garlic, depending on taste

· 14 teaspoon dried tarragon

· 14 teaspoon dried mint

· 5 tablespoons olive oil

· 14 cup grated parmesan cheese

· salt and pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place fish in greased baking dish.

3. Mix together the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, seasonings, olive oil and cheese.

4. Spread evenly over fish fillets.

5. Bake fish in the oven for 25 minutes.

6. Cheese should be melted and tomatoes soft.

7. Serve hot with pan drippings.

Nutrition Info  Serving Size: 1 (368 g)  Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amt. Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 399.6

Calories from Fat 185 46%

Total Fat 20.6 g 31%

Saturated Fat 3.8 g 18%

Cholesterol 135.1 mg 45%

Sodium 257.4 mg 10%

Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g 1%

Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 5%

Sugars 3.1 g 12%

Protein 46.6 g 93%

review by Nigulya (5 stars) 3/26/2009 

This is such a delicious recipe! The fish came out so tender and juicy! The topping has an amazing taste. We dipped the bread in the pan juices as you advised and it was simply great!Thank you very much for posting this recipe!

review by Paula (4 stars) 9/1/2006 

What a wonderfully light fish dish. Perfect for the warm summer months. This was especially great because I was able to use some of the tomatoes and parsley from our garden. (Nothing beats fresh foods!) I did substitute basil for the tarragon and mint, because this is what I had on hand. Otherwise, I made the recipe as instructed. We really loved this dish!

review by Capt Nemo (4 stars) 11/2/2005 

Really top notch. I used cilantro instead of parsley, and added 10 cooked shrimp at the very end. My wife loved it. I will be making this again. Lovely with crusty bread as suggested by JillAZ. (To get 5 stars - it has to be absolutely phenomenal - this was merely excellent!)

review by LilKiwiChicken (4 stars) 6/26/2005 

I won't rate this with stars as I didn't have tarragon or parsley -I substituted basil for both of these ingredients instead. I had just under a pound of tomatoes so added some organic cherry tomatoes cut into 1/8 pieces. This was really yummy, I loved the pan juices as they really enhanced the flavour of the dish, and also ground a little black pepper over this as well. If I had've rated this with basil, it would have been 4 stars, I think that if I had've made this with tarragon & parsley it would have been the same.

review by echo echo (5 stars) 3/18/2005 

I made this with fresh haddock and served it on rice to soak up the sauce. Yummy to the nth degree!

review by JillAZ (5 stars) 6/15/2004 

Oh my goodness was this yummy! It smelled really good while cooking and tasted heavenly! It was very easy to prepare. I used frozen Cod fillets that were rather thick so it took a little longer to cook. About 10 more minutes. The drippings in the pan make a wonderful "sauce" to pour over the fish and was terrific with crusty bread. I will definately be making this again! Thanks for a great recipe!

• Heart 1