I was semi productive yesterday

jsharr

Had to make up for Saturday where I spent half the day at camp getting ready for Wood Badge and the other half napping.

So on Sunday I did the following

Dropped off some supplies and equipment at our Cub Scout pack for the Pine Wood Derby next weekend.

Installed weather stripping around the doggie door, in an attempt to cut down on the draft blowing through it.  Did not work, but have a plan B to try next.

Installed a new wireless door bell, but in the process found out that the real culprit to our non working doorbell was most likely a bad connection or doorbell button.  I like the new wireless one better anyway, as it is programmable and I can easily add a button at the back door and garage door.  

Replaced the hot and cold stems and seat in the front shower.  Could probably just gotten away with installing new seats and seat washers, but the entire kit with new knobs, stems, trim pieces and seats was less than $50 and gave me peace of mind and ease of install.
Wade helped me and learned a new skill, which was the best part of the whole deal.  Also will cut down on water and gas bill, as the hot side had started leaking badly.

Got the boxes down from the attic for all the Christmas stuff and helped Martha pack some of it up.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Using the map provided, where were you glamping?

image.thumb.png.f7c704ba5cd12ea53e482fa98f87c48e.png

Camp Wisdom, near the intersection of 408 and 20 in SW Dallas, on land was once partially owned by my ancestors during the 1840 and 1850s as part of the Peters Colony.   When you visit, I will take you there and show you around camp and take you to the cabin that Everard Shar built back in the 1840s.  If you control your sarcasm, we might even have s'mores.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I probably was appealing to him.

I liked the way the house was decorated.

You appealed to him?  Hmm....

Other than bad taste in much of the art, the house seemed well-furnished.  I suspect he had good help with that aspect, and bad help with the art aspect.