I am very put off when my interviewer is British

Randomguy

8 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Dot not Feather

Yes.

You know what really sucks?  Someone else from her company was supposed to call at 5:00, so instead of running out to the produce store while there was still daylight and enjoying what little warmth there was left (14 degrees and windy as hell), I waited for this buttmunch to call.  He didn't call.

Fucker.

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes.

You know what really sucks?  Someone else from her company was supposed to call at 5:00, so instead of running out to the produce store while there was still daylight and enjoying what little warmth there was left (14 degrees and windy as hell), I waited for this buttmunch to call.  He didn't call.

Fucker.

Ok, he called.  He sounded rushed, too.  He apologized for being late, and we rescheduled to talk tomorrow at 4:30.  I feel only slightly better about humanity now.

53 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, he called.  He sounded rushed, too.  He apologized for being late, and we rescheduled to talk tomorrow at 4:30.  I feel only slightly better about humanity now.

He owes you karma now. I would expect an offer imminently. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have a different interview/presentation at 10:00, so there is that.

you gotta drop that in there. Whatever time he suggests you tell him you have a different presentation. I don't care if it's 10:00 pm on Saturday night. I'm busy, how about 7:00 am on Sunday morning, it's my only opening for a few days. Create that scarcity concept for RG services

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Randomguy said:

This is America, dammit, speak English!

Were they interviewing you for a job in the UK? 

Likewise, I wonder if Brits in the UK get pizzed off when they get interviewed by an American.  Sure, it is far easier to understand American, but dammit, speak English.

20 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I don't think English women sound hot.  

There was a girl from my high school who worked at our record store. I was in my mid 20s. She was a senior. A friend of hers from school would hangout from time to time. The friend was nerdy-cute. Same eyeglasses she had been wearing since junior high. Not tall, but gangly for her size. She was preparing to move to England to go to college. She had cousins there and wanted to study abroad. 

Fast forward 3 or 4 years. In walks this bombshell of a woman. She wore a white dress and jacket with a bright pink blouse. White stockings with pink heels. Her lipstick matched her blouse. She walked like she was on a runway. She came up to the counter and said in the most beautiful English accent, “Hello Doug. Remember me?”  I don’t know how long I stood there before I realized it was the friend!  

The accent she had picked up was almost musical  I helped her find some albums she was looking for and we chatted for quite a while. That accent would make my knee weak! Another guy who worked there was jealous because I was married and he was single, but she would seek me out each visit while she was back. She was always stunning, but that first visit lefted an indelible memory!