The Pilot is snot as bad as I thought.

Longjohn

When we were heading into town this morning there was a Lesbaru stuck in the entrance to the massage shop at the end of my road. It made it far enough in to be off the road and there were people coming out with shovels so I didn’t offer to help. I could have pulled them back out onto the road but they were trying to get in. That massage is going to feel good after shoveling all that snow. That snow dragging up underneath is what is getting people stuck this week 

2 minutes ago, Further said:

I've run the Element through that much snow without a problem. The best car I ever had for going through snow was an Isuzu Trooper, that sucker would dig in rather than ride up and just plow on through. 

My Element was way better at not getting stuck than the Pilot but the Pilot did ok today. My wife doesn’t like the way I drive. We will see how she does at 4:30 in the morning when she tries it. I don’t have anything to pull her out with so she better not get stuck. The roads were still snow covered the whole way into Hermitage this morning.

• Heart 1

how many inches is that @Longjohn

I took WoScrapr's Rav4 up on the pass 2 years ago. One car/truck had been in and turned around in a SnoPark. I was snot close to the bathroom so I made yellow snow. (don't eat that) I opened the door in the Rav and it pushed snow aside as I got out.  If I got stuck there it would have been 24 hours there as the road was a mess. SnoParks get cleared after the roads

how many inches is that @Longjohn

I didn’t take a measurement, it’s over the top of my boots. I had to shovel it away from the doors to open them. Mrs. Longjohn did ok at 4:30 this morning. I watched her from the window and she was driving very timid. She got to the end of the space I shoveled and was still driving timid. She made it about thirty feet and got stuck. I watched as her back up lights came on and went off and the car never moved. I went downstairs and put on my Carharts and Sorell boots and when I got to the door she was just starting up the road. It’s -4° this morning. Since I was already dressed I grabbed the wheel barrow and made a trip to the woodshed for another load of firewood. It’s beautiful out this morning with the bright moon shining on the snow.