I wonder if the people from florida survived

BR46

From the same people who bitch about temps in the 90's.  When your average temps are in the 80's, a 30 degree drop is significant.  We maybe get a frost once every 3 years so when it freezes in SoCal yeah it's a thing too.

If you guys are going to poke fun of us warm weather folks then I don't want to hear a freaking word when it's 98 degrees and you melted on your ride... 

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

If you guys are going to poke fun of us warm weather folks then I don't want to hear a freaking word when it's 98 degrees and you melted on your ride... 

Sure you do.  When it is 95 and sunny on the east coast or in the midwest, it is like it is for you when it is 110 degrees and raining an inch an hour.  In short, the weather sucks worse here, so we get to have sport when it gets a little colder for you guys.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

From the same people who bitch about temps in the 90's.  When your average temps are in the 80's, a 30 degree drop is significant.  We maybe get a frost once every 3 years so when it freezes in SoCal yeah it's a thing too.

Don't tell us..... We are allowed to moan and complain anytime we want.  This is 'merica.    Wait, what did you say?

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sure you do.  When it is 95 and sunny on the east coast or in the midwest, it is like it is for you when it is 110 degrees and raining an inch an hour.  In short, the weather sucks worse here, so we get to have sport when it gets a little colder for you guys.

110 and raining?  Is that even possible?  

Just now, Kzoo said:

I have some friends that moved to central FL 3 years ago from Michigan.  They posted a pic on FB of their first fire in the fireplace in 3 years last night.  I felt sooooooo bad for them.

Well uh my furnace died several years ago and guess what, I haven't missed it yet! 

I guess I'll need to get it fixed at some point tho...

59 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

110 and raining?  Is that even possible?  

Love it when it evaporates before it hits the ground. You see a huger storm cloud with water streaming down, but halfway down it disappears.  Happened all the time in Phoenix.

virga.jpg

• Awesome 1

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well tell her I said to STFU! ?

I gotta say that she was a trooper when we were racing in Alabama and the temperature was over 100° in the paddock. She didn't complain about it too much but she did pause and take a deep breath when she heard the announcement........ sidecar first call.

Screenshot_20190121-175542_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5aac7c65ad9b805f3f33f68c564f51c3.jpg

I think it was the thought of putting on the leathers in 100+ temperature. 

Screenshot_20181009-121348.thumb.png.7890ffa8d15a2d627fb11bbd11043e80.png

• Heart 2

44 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I gotta say that she was a trooper when we were racing in Alabama and the temperature was over 100° in the paddock. She didn't complain about it too much but she did pause and take a deep breath when she heard the announcement........ sidecar first call.

Screenshot_20190121-175542_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5aac7c65ad9b805f3f33f68c564f51c3.jpg

I think it was the thought of putting on the leathers in 100+ temperature. 

Screenshot_20181009-121348.thumb.png.7890ffa8d15a2d627fb11bbd11043e80.png

OK for that she can complain!

• Heart 1

I've live in both climates and frankly I can understand Floridians being uncomfortable at 60 just as I understand Northerners not liking 100.  Both are large departures from normal for the areas.

Of the two, it's much easier to adapt to Florida's climate extremes than it is to go through a day like yesterday here.

• Awesome 1