What did you do onMLK Day?

Airehead

I did some shopping in town, WOLJ stopped at her mom's long enough to download some work for tomorrow. Had lunch at Bob Evans, came home and unloaded groceries and then I dug out a turn around for my wife so she could get a run for the driveway which isn't plowed. Then I soaked it the hot tub for awhile to get warmed back up. Just a nice relaxing day.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Visited Mom and brought her some banana bread I made yesterday. Came home and heated some beef, vegetable and lentil soup for lunch. Took the second loaf of banana bread to a home-bound neighbor. She’s close to moms age. We chatted for about two hours. Came home to learn we had no power due to a big tree taking out some power lines. Went out to dinner, came home to no power, temp inside had dropped to 60 so we started a fire upstairs and downstairs. Power came on a little while later. Still enjoying the fire.

A52BE18E-0C83-4D08-8526-F30D2456175C.jpeg

FD06D4FC-7EB7-463B-A93A-7254E0B2A6C0.jpeg

4D0F1050-8555-4D8B-9DE1-CC19D1AE2839.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Headed out about 10:00am after waking from a nap following checking the sheep at 5:30am. Fed and watered the livestock and took care of a new lamb.  Drove into town and ate Congregate meal at the 600 cafe.  Came home and arranged to get a truck load of hay.  After getting the hay, I drove to town and bought some groceries.  Returned home and fed and watered the livestock. Returned to the house and later drove to town and brought home a pizza.  I just finished eating my share, and I think I will watch a movie until it is time to check for new lambs.  Feeding and watering chores were done with my wife. Temperatures were in the teens and 20s.

• Heart 3

G'young'un didn't sleep too well,

Wo2 came in about 0715 (about the time I'm going to hit the shower) & pleaded for 30 minutes sleep. I took her (g'young'un) down stairs, fed, her, changed the poopy diaper & generally entertained her 'til about 0930, then handed her back to Wo2 & went to work.

FWIW, no news from the cardiologist's office, although they did said 3-5 bidness days.

• Heart 1

Swam, worked, lifted, worked, drove home to get some bills paid, little woodwork, play some guitar - oh - wait - women's club tonight you'll need to clean up after dinner.  not a lot of people showed up for the women's group so we all came here instead light a fire get us some wine we're gonna sit here all night and talk.  really loud.  the fire's getting low.  we need more wine.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 12string said:

Swam, worked, lifted, worked, drove home to get some bills paid, little woodwork, play some guitar - oh - wait - women's club tonight you'll need to clean up after dinner.  not a lot of people showed up for the women's group so we all came here instead light a fire get us some wine we're gonna sit here all night and talk.  really loud.  the fire's getting low.  we need more wine.

Are you the President of the women's club or the entertainment officer?

I reconciled my credit cards, checked my FICO score ? and then went shopping for food.  Everybody was out today after four days of nasty weather.

I returned home and made pressure cooker pot roast with a 3 lb top-round roast that was on sale plus mushroom gravy and potatoes and carrots.

It's going to be done in one minute. Bye!

22 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Visited Mom and brought her some banana bread I made yesterday. Came home and heated some beef, vegetable and lentil soup for lunch. Took the second loaf of banana bread to a home-bound neighbor. She’s close to moms age. We chatted for about two hours. Came home to learn we had no power due to a big tree taking out some power lines. Went out to dinner, came home to no power, temp inside had dropped to 60 so we started a fire upstairs and downstairs. Power came on a little while later. Still enjoying the fire.

A52BE18E-0C83-4D08-8526-F30D2456175C.jpeg

FD06D4FC-7EB7-463B-A93A-7254E0B2A6C0.jpeg

4D0F1050-8555-4D8B-9DE1-CC19D1AE2839.jpeg

Whatcha drinking there? Looks like a generous two fingers of deliciousness.