Are you using any of these words and phrases incorrectly?

sheep_herder

I've probably used "should of" when speaking informally, and I've definitely referred to a poisonous snake. And I have to think about "lie" and "lay" if I really want to use them correctly.  Especially in the past tense. At one point I'm sure I heard bring/take, but I don't make that distinction when I speak. I know nauseous vs. nauseated, but I don't always use them correctly.

Disinterested vs. Uninterested is a pet peeve of mine.  I almost always hear disinterested being used incorrectly.

That was an interesting article, thanks.

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Looks mostly like spelling errors even though I am guilty of using the phrase "butt naked" on occasion even though I know the officially sanctified statement of "buck naked".

I thought all bucks were naked. Never seen a buck prancing around in the woods in camo or a dress. Butt naked makes more sense as it is usually clothed except in a nudist resort. Sometimes the grammarian 'experts' don't have a clue!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Good article!  Ralph will enjoy it!  :) 

Meh.  All and all, it didn't have that much affect on me. :)

Of course I am kidding!  Good stuff!  I always used to devour the Reader's Digests at my grandmother's house.

More grist for my malopropism mill! Or should I say montenegro or whatever.

• Heart 1

Usage determines what is correct. Language is constantly evolving, you guys think contemporary English is bad, go back  hundreds of years and you wouldn't have a clue.

Which means some of those, like butt naked, will survive, while some, like buck naked, will likely fade away.