It'll Buff Right Out

Razors Edge

I've seen better crashes, most of that can be salvaged. I had a guy that worked for me and all he could talk about was the plane he was building. One day he announced he had finished his plane and was going to fly it as soon as he got off work. He came in the next day and called me over to his vehicle to see his plane. It was nothing recognizable, just a pile of shreds. He was hoping to salvage some of the parts but told me later that nothing could be salvaged. His plane came straight down into the ground.

My former neighbor was big into RC planes and he said the plane itself wasn't really the expensive thing but the engines & electronics were.  Still a bummer.

I walk jack at a local park where they fly electric RC planes & gliders.  The RC jets are super cool as there is an internal fan and they look super cool.

I mostly fly at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I've had planes that weighed as little as one ounce ready to fly with battery on board.  IMO the larger planes are dangerous to bystanders when they crash.  All of my drones are now indoor flyers at just about 1 oz or under 1 1/2 with camera on board.  The outdoor flyers are under 250 grams and the largest is only 2 feet across.  I'm afraid I just don't fly enough any more to join a club and do any of the larger aircraft.  Sometimes I drive a couple of towns away and fly inside a large sports arena.

News tonight has more potential drone problems at an airport.  I see another hobby dying.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I mostly fly at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I've had planes that weighed as little as one ounce ready to fly with battery on board.  IMO the larger planes are dangerous to bystanders when they crash.  All of my drones are now indoor flyers at just about 1 oz or under 1 1/2 with camera on board.  The outdoor flyers are under 250 grams and the largest is only 2 feet across.  I'm afraid I just don't fly enough any more to join a club and do any of the larger aircraft.  Sometimes I drive a couple of towns away and fly inside a large sports arena.

News tonight has more potential drone problems at an airport.  I see another hobby dying. 

Uh, your crash footage probably sucks nowadays! :(

22 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Have you seen the drone killing drones?  Bad ass, they can be programmed to autonomously patrol an area and snare any drones that fly into its patrol area.