Have you ever met someone with a glass eye?

Randomguy

I actually had a teacher in HS with a glass eye and it didn't move naturally like her good eye did.  So if she wasn't facing you looking directly at you it often times looked like she was looking at someone else.  

She had to be really clear when asking questions (ChrisL, please answer #7)  as she knew we couldn't always tell who she was talking to.

28 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I was at a local bar when a woman at a table a few feet away from me sneezed and her glass eye came out and I caught it. I handed it back to her and she popped it in and said thank you. She was a beautiful woman. Gorgeous face stunning body and a beautiful smile to boot. The woman of my dreams right in front of me. A few moments pass by and she comes up to me and asks for my number and I looked around the room. Surely she must’ve been mistaken. I said “ who me?!!!?” She said “yes of course you. I don’t usually do this kind of thing but you just sort of caught my eye.”

Just think how well you'd do with a woman having 2 glass eyes!

I used to snowmobile with an older gentleman that had a glass eye. It would give him fits in sub zero temps. I'm not sure, but I think he would take it in and out. He would be the first and last one in the pit stop washrooms, and he'd put on a patch for warmth before he went outside and take it off when he got inside. But I didn't see a reason to do that in the washroom. :dontknow: 

Tough old bird though, heck of a rider.

A girl named Sarah in the high school physics class I taught had a glass eye. She was always in a great mood, was a little mischievous, and played the tuba in the school marching band, "...so I can be more unique. Who else plays the tuba?"

One day, while we were covering optics, she asked me something about stereoscopic stuff and I replied something like, "Unfortunately you can't see it due to your glass eye, but I bet one day they'll develop some kind of glasses that work something like 3D movie films/glasses to give you 2D stereoscopic vision on a lens over your good eye."

Kevin, the starting quarterback of the football team (most top athletes are also excellent students in high school), got upset and took up for Sarah, saying angrily to me, "That's pretty mean saying she has a glass eye."

"Uh, Kevin, she does have a glass eye."

"Sarah, you have a glass eye?"

"Yep."

"Can you take it out and show us?"

So Sarah removed her glass eye - not a ball but a sort of half-shell shaped deal - revealing the skin and muscles beneath right at the front edge of the eye socket.

A lot of teenagers screamed!

John, an Assistant Principal, was in the hallway, heard the commotion, rushed into the room, and asked me, "What's wrong?"

I pointed to Sarah and said, "She removed her glass eye on a student request before I could stop her."

He gave me a look that said, "Right, as if you'd stop something like that!"

Sarah turned around and looked at the administrator and he said a quick goodbye and left the room.

That's my only experience where a glass eye played a big part.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I actually had a teacher in HS with a glass eye and it didn't move naturally like her good eye did.  So if she wasn't facing you looking directly at you it often times looked like she was looking at someone else.  

She had to be really clear when asking questions (ChrisL, please answer #7)  as she knew we couldn't always tell who she was talking to.

Note that teachers are trained to say, for example, "John, what's the answer?" and not "What's the answer, John."

Name-first prompts the student's attention before the question is asked in case his mind is wandering.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My first industrial job I started out in an entry level job and the guys working there were either new hires or losers of some sort.  It was common for someone to have something in their lunch that they didn't want. They would offer it to whoever wanted it.  If no takers they would usually unwrap it and throw it at someone not watching. This one day a guy had a pod of grapes and he was eating them but said they were not very sweet, anyone else want them? No takers so he said: "maybe George wants them?" George was a machinist working on a milling machine while the operator was on break. He tossed a grape and it hit George on top of the head. George turned and looked at the group. Everyone was all of a sudden looking at their lunches or talking to each other looking away from George. I was still laughing looking at George. He dropped what he was doing and came running over to me mad as a hornet. He reaches up and takes out his eye and holds it in my face. You think this is funny?  Someone threw a grape and hit me in the eye and it got infected an they had to remove it and now I got this. His face was beet red and he was serious. I didn't say anything and he put his eye back in and went over and went back to work. I turned to the guy that threw the grape and said: "I bet you can't do that two times in a row?".

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

By now you should know that all of RG's stories are real.                                                                                                     :whistle:

I'm not here that often, LJ.

For Random, incredible things can happen if you weren't so bent on impressing us here in forum. 

• Heart 1