Compose a thank you note for my after-interview follow up

Randomguy

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would congratulate him on his better than average poker face and tell him you were bluffing on the expected salary.

I told him I wouldn't work for much less than minimum wage.

17 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Did it go well? 

The interviewer had a poker face, but I think it went well.  We talked next steps a little bit, but didn't schedule anything right then and there.  There may be another presentation.  What is it with presentations?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I told him I wouldn't work for much less than minimum wage.

The interviewer had a poker face, but I think it went well.  We talked next steps a little bit, but didn't schedule anything right then and there.  There may be another presentation.  What is it with presentations?

This is a new trick in the work place.   Boss comes in and says I need a new presentation on X by Wednesday.    Employer places an ad on some job boards, schedules a few interviews and tells the applicants to prepare a presentation on X.  Interviewer combines the three presentations and comes up with something for his boss for free.  He gets a raise, a company car and a trip to Vegas and you and the other two applicants get a "I will keep your contact info" on file.  

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

I would thank him for his time and mention how I enjoyed talking about (insert some topic that you discussed).   I'd state that I am very interested in the position and think that my experience and skills in (insert relevant area) would be a good fit with the company's strategic goals (if you can find some particular strategic goal to mention, even better).  I'd indicate that I looked forward to hearing from him soon.  Then I'd ask if I could wear pajamas to the workplace.