Are you stuuupid, or just a litt-le slow?

Ralphie

One of my favourite song lyrics, by Lily Allen.  Very effective in that Cockney Englich accent of hers.

I have to ask myself that many times after I do dumb things.

You'd think I would have learnt after 63 years.

You would be wrong. :(

So when was the last time you did a dumb thing?  My whole goal is to be able to truthfully not say "yesterday or today". :D

Googling her, I see she is making a little comeback. 

• Heart 1

My thinking isn't as fast as it used to be and sometimes I berate myself, "Well, that was stupid."

So I guess a little slow thinking sometimes produces stupid results.

A few days back, I made a chess move in the current Team USA vs Team Hungary match, where I hoped my opponent's next move would put his Knight in a position where I could exchange it for my Bishop, resulting in 5 Pawns advantage for me vs 3 Pawns for him: an almost sure win among higher level chess players.

Yesterday, I saw my Hungarian opponent had made the move I wanted - but I forgot to make the trade of Bishop for Knight!  I realized it about 5 seconds after I pondered, then made my move!  A sure win for me and Team USA and now it's less sure.  SLOW and STUPID!

On 1/23/2019 at 4:40 AM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So when was the last time you did a dumb thing? 

I make my own vitamin. It's a pain in the butt, but worth it. It's also expensive.

So I've made lunch, and I am hurrying to start in on it, and I grab the bottle and it, and the pills, go flying across the floor.

I'm a bloody genius, I tell ya.