No mail tomorrow

petitepedal

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Out of curiosity how many are under 50?  

I'll tell you as one who was at the back of one of those lines there was a sh!t ton of under 50. I would guess of 10 probably 6 under 40, 3 >60 & a couple kids. The slow ones were mailing small boxes....lots of them....all indivually label made, attached & scanned. It was excruciating. Look like work from home folks. Plus I had missed the overnight cut off @1:00 pm. Who has a 1:00 pm cutoff????

3 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I'll tell you as one who was at the back of one of those lines there was a sh!t ton of under 50. I would guess of 10 probably 6 under 40, 3 >60 & a couple kids. The slow ones were mailing small boxes....lots of them....all indivually label made, attached & scanned. It was excruciating. Look like work from home folks. Plus I had missed the overnight cut off @1:00 pm. Who has a 1:00 pm cutoff????

5:30pm is our 'magic time' and then all the mail goes to Billings for post marking, sorting, etc., even the mail to Miles City addresses. 

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

How cold does the barn get when it’s in the minus numbers outside?

It stays a bit warmer than the outside temperature, due to the body warmth of the animals.  But we often provide an area with a heat lamp for the lambs to sleep and converse with their buddies. Ewes are excluded from these areas.  The most important thing is for the ewes to keep the lambs full of milk.  They can survive some pretty cold conditions with a full stomach.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

5:30pm is our 'magic time' and then all the mail goes to Billings for post marking, sorting, etc., even the mail to Miles City addresses. 

I was trying to overnight a doc to my brother & SIL. I had gone to UPS...they saw me slip a $20 into the envelope and said no currency. I walked out and went to USPS (2x's). 1:00 pm cutoff for overnight. Finally up against a time crunch I bit the bullet and went over to FedEx. Pickup driver was at the curb. Counter guy held him to get my envelope on. 

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I was trying to overnight a doc to my brother & SIL. I had gone to UPS...they saw me slip a $20 into the envelope and said no currency. I walked out and went to USPS (2x's). 1:00 pm cutoff for overnight. Finally up against a time crunch I bit the bullet and went over to FedEx. Pickup driver was at the curb. Counter guy held him to get my envelope on. 

The UPS and Fedex stores are almost 20 miles from here.  There are a couple of local drop boxes but they are limited in the size of package that will fit in the slot.  Consequently the documents I've been handling for oldest son's job go by mail.  

Aside......the most recent batch of documents went to Princeton NJ and the company reported that they hadn't received them.  Post office tracking gave me the time and person who got them.............."hey, all ok, we found them" from the company.  :rolleyes: