May 20 Miles

az_cyclist

20 very breezy miles this am.

This afternoon I got to establish my 1 rep max on power cleans.  225.  I got 245 up but could not get under the bar.

Then the workout was 4 power cleans, 8 front squats, 12 shoulder presses and 16 back squats all with 95 pounds.  Repeat X 4 for time.

• Heart 2

be careful with power cleans. You can really hurt yourself if you don't get the weight through the transition with enough energy to get under it

I never did Olympic style lifting, so I never tried to find a max on that lift for that reason

but cleaning 2 wheels is VERY good

...oh, and I did 17 miles after work today :D

• Heart 2

be careful with power cleans. You can really hurt yourself if you don't get the weight through the transition with enough energy to get under it

I never did Olympic style lifting, so I never tried to find a max on that lift for that reason

but cleaning 2 wheels is VERY good

...oh, and I did 17 miles after work today :D

Nate, these are crossfit classes.  I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but we have coaches there that instruct us in proper form and watch our form to make sure we don't hurt ourselves. 

Oh, and I really like the big olympic style lifts.  They are big, functional movements that involve the whole body.  After years and years of bodybuilding type isolation movements this is different.  I still feel pretty pretty awkward but i am working on it.

Rode with the local group from the LBS: 23.5 miles 1:17 for an 18 mph avg.  Tried to hang with the A group and fell off the back.  I learned I need to do more intervals to get my cardio up.  the legs were there, heart and lungs couldn't keep up with demand.  Good group ride.  I'm down to 184 this morning, 14 to go.

• Heart 3

Nate, these are crossfit classes.  I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but we have coaches there that instruct us in proper form and watch our form to make sure we don't hurt ourselves. 

well, if you have coaches and spotters and are wearing a belt, that's all you can do

I've been in gyms since I was 10 years old. Pop used to take me with him back in the 70s when it was all just big guys and big iron

I've seen a lot of meat puppetry over the years, so it was just a word of caution  :)

• Heart 1