Lets do an old fashioned LF forum takeover!

team scooter

17 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Been checking out my other forums. The snowmobile forum was angry when they didn't have snow. Now they have snow but it's too cold to ride. Lets go over and ask if they'd mind us riding our fat bikes on their trails since it's too cold for them. They HATE Fat Bikes! :D 

I've had mostly good interactions with the sled crowd. One race I used to do had permission to use a sled trail for one day. They stayed off and we donated race fees to pay for grooming.

The arrowhead is specifically run on a M-W when sled traffic is lowest. Racers are required to where hi-vis vest and have front and rear blinky lights on at all times.

The trails here are mostly multi-use so they are shared by Fatbikes and sleds. The sleds can tear up the trails.

We've had three deaths from avalanches already this year. All sledders. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Been checking out my other forums. The snowmobile forum was angry when they didn't have snow. Now they have snow but it's too cold to ride. Lets go over and ask if they'd mind us riding our fat bikes on their trails since it's too cold for them. They HATE Fat Bikes! :D 

Do they like dog sleds?

Most of the trails we use are shared use.  They have many miles of their own and bitch that we have 7 miles of "no motor vehicle trails" in Manistee National Forest.  We have a big fight to keep them off the trails that are for sled dogs, skis, snowshoes and fat bikes only  Our sled dog club maintains the trails.

I have been in other areas that dog sleds are very welcome on the trails.  Manistee NF seems to be the area where sled dogs are most unwelcome on the multi-use trails.

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Do they like dog sleds?

Most of the trails we use are shared use.  They have many miles of their own and bitch that we have 7 miles of "no motor vehicle trails" in Manistee National Forest.  We have a big fight to keep them off the trails that are for sled dogs, skis, snowshoes and fat bikes only  Our sled dog club maintains the trails.

Snowmobiling, for many reasons, is becoming less popular, while other winter sports are gaining popularity. I'm getting out of the sport because it has become a ridiculously overpriced cartoon caricature of the sport I grew up loving. They feel they're being unfairly pushed aside. Meanwhile here in Wisconsin, if they redo a roadway, they widen the shoulder to also accommodate bicycles, or add a whole new bike path along a highway. Its easier to blame those who benefit from these improvements then to examine the real reason why taxpayers will pay for bike paths but not to improve snowmobile routes. As they slowly lose places to ride, they get protective and are resistant to share the places they still have left. 

The first pic is my first sled. 45 HP and $850 new. I loved that little sled. And I looked stylish riding it. ;)

The second one is a new one, 160 HP and over $15,000.

puma.jpg

doo.jpg