I am damn hungry. Why?

Randomguy

As I age I need to eat at certain times like clock work. Doesn't matter that, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had a late breakfast at ten, I need to have lunch at noon and dinner at six, or else. While on vacation or on someone else's schedule, I'll eat a little something at my regular meal times then a little something when everyone else decides they're hungry. 

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I had two over-easy eggs and immediately made some hash browns after, and finished it an hour and a half ago.  Plenty of protein, and some potassium (and carbs).  I know I shouldn't be stuffed, but I shouldn't be starving, either.

What gives?

I've caught myself snacking on peanuts after lunchs of soup.  I've been doing 260-420 Cal breakfasts, 140-390 Cal. lunches where lately I have been doing a lot of 9 oz. Hormel "Compleats" for lunch where Dinty Moore Beef Stew is 240 Calories and Beef Stroganoff is 210 Calories.  Maybe I need a bigger lunch on occasion.

Similar to your eggs, I sometimes have them for lunch: I chop into bite-size a few slices of a sweet onion, fry it in a little olive oil while nuking 3 baby potatoes and 2 chicken sausages that are the same size but 2/3 the Calories of Brown N Serve. I slice the softened potatoes, add them and the sausage to the onions and after I dump them on a plate I do 2 jumbo eggs over-easy in the same pan then place them right on top of the potato mixture.  A little butter on the potatoes, salt and pepper and coffee and I'm in heaven.

Last nite I was reading the first book of The Expanse for about the 5th time. At one point, they've been living on emergency rations for a week, and finally sit down to some real food, garlic hummus, flat bread, and coffee. So I went to TJs and got some. Think I'll warm the bread now.

17 minutes ago, late said:

Last nite I was reading the first book of The Expanse for about the 5th time. At one point, they've been living on emergency rations for a week, and finally sit down to some real food, garlic hummus, flat bread, and coffee. So I went to TJs and got some. Think I'll warm the bread now.

Another reason why reading makes you fat. ?

• Heart 1

you should have come to our lunchtime chili cook off!  I could have gotten you in, I know people.  Though apparently not enough to win.     :angry: (where's the gratuitous emoji emoji?)

Although the innards have apparently recovered enough to tolerate all that chili, so that's a  win

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Dottles said:

Stress.

This is sadly true, I have been stress eating like crazy at times.  I am still doing it cheaply as fuck, but doing it.

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

RG, you need more fat in your diet.  

What I described was all I ate yesterday until after I dropped RO off, then I went to Trader Joe's to get something I know RO likes from there.  They had those little party meatballs as a sample, and I kept coming back for more and more, taking two each time, at least 6 separate trips.  It was embarrassing, but I was hungry as hell and the sample guy kept disappearing in the back and out of sight, so I felt slightly less like an animal or a lowlife because it was unguarded at least three of those times, and then the sample employee left and a new sample guy showed, so I went back for more.  Then I went home and had bread/toast with a third of a stick of butter and two kiwis.  It was a shameful display of overeating.

I had plenty of fat yesterday, but unfortunately not much else that was healthy.

• Heart 1

Lately, I am all about that bowl of food idea.  Stacked with veggies, nuts and good fruit.  Yum. 

We have eaten a lot of veg based meals lately. Tonight, coconut rice with some stir fried veggies with sesame seeds and some sort of homemade sauce.  

An easy lunch for me is a stack of celery, peanut butter, an apple, and a bowl of ramen with shredded cabbage in it. 

• Heart 1