I'll take "OHHHH HELL NO!!!" for $800 Alek

jsharr

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

What is "Would you do this job?"

This guy is out flying around my window, happy as a clam, cleaning and smiling a mere 14 stories about the ground.

There is no way I would do this job for anything less than upper six figures for year and free underwear and Xanax.

discus

• Heart 1

There are aspects that sound appealing, not least of which is working with a pretty nice view (even if it's a view of Texas).

I also imagine that over time they develop a comfort level with working at that kind of height.  Or maybe they're all rock climbers.

But no, I'll pass.

It could be worse. Could be in Minnesota, Michigan, Massachusetts, and other norther States this week. Do they bring ice scrapers as they wash the windows? Seems like the water would freeze as trying to apply to the window, unless it is an anti-freeze de-icing solution. With all the wind in Chicago, they can parasail down.

I really hate heights.  I get very nervous on roller coasters, stairs, lighthouses, etc.  I CAN do it, but I am very much not happy.  

I would think that I could do it if I had to.  It's amazing what one will resort to in order to support their family.  I would bet that after a while you would get used to it.  

That looks like a fund job, except for the window chemicals.  I am quite comfortable in a climbing harness.  In my rock climbing days, I often did the clean on the way up.  I was so heavy by the time I got to the person on lead.   Hanging off to the rock with one arm and pulling out the gear with the free hand.  Sometimes, it is very hard to remove.  A hex that has had a team go up on it can really get wedged in.  I never lost a piece of gear.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

38 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That looks like a fund job, except for the window chemicals.  I am quite comfortable in a climbing harness.  In my rock climbing days, I often did the clean on the way up.  I was so heavy by the time I got to the person on lead.   Hanging off to the rock with one arm and pulling out the gear with the free hand.  Sometimes, it is very hard to remove.  A hex that has had a team go up on it can really get wedged in.  I never lost a piece of gear.

You never cease to amaze me.  That is very cool.  I am built more like a rock than a climber.  My younger son is a spider monkey.  All muscle, very lean, no body fat.  I recently told him I could see him doing very well as a rock climber.  We has taken climbing classes at summer camp and won a lunch time sprint race up the climbing wall against a much older scout.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Ok, if you want me to be more specific, it’s Children’s Hospital.

I didn’t remember the hospital.  I remember it was “a children’s hospital.”  Now if YOU wanted to be more specific it is UPMC Children’s Hospital.

BAM ? 

Go Panthers