-27 -40 windchill...going in to work today!

petitepedal

Where my wife used to work they have been running shuttles from the parking lots down into the workplace. My wife has only gone back there one time since she started to telecommute. That was to get her new badge to access her computer. I told her it didn’t seem right that working from home she doesn’t have to go through the scanner every day like she did for over 15 years. I offered to pat her down every morning but she said that wasn’t necessary. At least I offered. :whistle:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

-16 here with a windchill of -32.  We have a declared emergency because of a fire at the natural gas facility in eastern Michigan.  They asked everyone to set their thermostats at no more that 65 degrees (according to FB this is a major inconvenience).  They are concerned about running out of gas statewide before the thaw on Friday.

Our high temp today is supposed to get to -3.

HoSmudge went up to camp this morning. He'll have a big toasty fire going in no time.  I just hope he's smart enough to put on long johns and boots when he goes outside. sigh...

According to the news the windchill this morning at our local airport was -42 degrees. But at least the sun is out!!  :D 

• Heart 1

Just now, Airehead said:

I cancelled school today along with all my superintendent peeps. It is bright and sunny outside.  That looks nice from the window. I am inside with this....emptying box after box after box. I would rather be at work. 

Our local schools were off M-W-F last week and have been closed all this week.  They might reopen tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Airehead said:

no spring break for them

They just extend the school year further into June.  Every district sets a number of buffer days that allows them to have some snow days and still meet min. state requirements.  Usually 5 or 6 days.  After those are used up they extend the calendar.  They can also file with the state to get exemptions so in extreme cases some snow days are thrown out.  The state Education Supervisor said earlier this morning that this week will probably be exempt for those districts that file.

• Heart 1